Stampede 2wd Trani problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pics would help here. The more the better. And make sure before you run the car, put some synthetic grease in the diff gears.
Pics of what ?? Diff, spur, ???
Pics would help here. The more the better. And make sure before you run the car, put some synthetic grease in the diff gears.
Pics of what ?? Diff, spur,
There are multiple failure points within every RC. Since you seem to have checked the obvious ones - pinion, spur, diff, it may be something like the pin on a dogbone axle has broken, or if it has driveshafts, the splines in one of the driveshafts could be worn down.

But back to the diff, did you actually pull the diff case apart and inspect the gears inside? Just opening the diff housing and inspecting the ring and bevel pinion in there isn't all that can be wrong. The diff will come apart (most RC's) and inside is a set of spider gears that can get damaged.

Also, I just looked through the manual. It looks like it has a slipper clutch. When those go bad, you need to rebuild them and reset them.
View attachment 135458
would the clutch pads being chipped cause this

Pics of all the drivetrain components. Maybe there is something that will stand out that you are missing.

after the game I'll Post pics
There are multiple failure points within every RC. Since you seem to have checked the obvious ones - pinion, spur, diff, it may be something like the pin on a dogbone axle has broken, or if it has driveshafts, the splines in one of the driveshafts could be worn down.

But back to the diff, did you actually pull the diff case apart and inspect the gears inside? Just opening the diff housing and inspecting the ring and bevel pinion in there isn't all that can be wrong. The diff will come apart (most RC's) and inside is a set of spider gears that can get damaged.

Also, I just looked through the manual. It looks like it has a slipper clutch. When those go bad, you need to rebuild them and reset them.
View attachment 135458
2 of the 3 pads are chipped. So ordered a complete spur gear assembly.. Hope it's the cure

View attachment 135458
Just noticed that 2 of the 3 pads are chipped. So ordered a complete spur gear assembly. Hopefully that's the fix

Last edited:
A video of the chattering would be even more helpful although pics wouldnt hurt either. I already gave you a game plan to check and follow in a previous post. You need to check all possible components that could keep an RC from moving.

"If all the gears inside the transmission and the diff are good, Slipper is good, all bearings in the transmission, diff, and wheel hubs are good, Driveshafts are good, Spur gear is good, and Pinion is good, then Id start looking at the motor."

You also never answered my previous question about if the pinion is actually turning to engage the spur or not. That question in and of itself could possibly isolate the problem to either the motor/ESC side of things or the drive train side.

Its hard to answer any of your questions without visual aids. For example you keep asking if you need to replace your slipper cuz 2 out of 3 pads are chipped but without a visual of the nature and severity of the chipping, theres no way for us to take an educated guess in order to answer your question.

after the game I'll Post pics

2 of the 3 pads are chipped. So ordered a complete spur gear assembly.. Hope it's the cure

Just noticed that 2 of the 3 pads are chipped. So ordered a complete spur gear assembly. Hopefully that's the fix
It’s the Esc