spur gear melting

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is the motor plate or mount cracked allowing play when you gas on it between clutch bell and spur? mis-alignment would quickly melt it away

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

You changed your clutch and bell to the same tooth count and it fixed your spur burning through the slipper pad and melting?

Or did you melt the spurs teeth off?

Ooops, I should have read the OP's post a little better :hehe: Yes, mine was melting teeth off the spur and not the slipper pad.

Change your clutch bells bearings, check motor mounting bolts and holes.

I use Robinson racing spurs, HPI HD vented clutch bells, ofna aluminum clutch pads with the heavy springs, HPI flywheels
If you switch to Robinson racing spurs, get extra spur gear bearings. I hammered one flat cause the bearing went on the spur, the HPI HD vented spurs seem tough I haven't had to replace one yet

It's not a bad idea to change all the drivetrain components to HD materials....yes it take a lil time, money and effort but the bonus is not having to replace drivetrain components as much, it'll save you money in the long run.
But that's just my opinion.

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

My experience has more to do with getting power to the ground and not snapping things

I have a great deal to learn about engines

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

Ok, I snap screw pins all the time, just the ones one my CVD centre driveshafts

Back