SPST Power switch install

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lou cypher

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello All,
New to crawling but enjoy different types of RC. Sail, Airboat, large scale aircraft and heli...
Wondering if the lions share of y’all install power switches on the LIPO battery circuit. If you don’t, why not, and if you do, OK, i’ll leave mine in. Not sure if putting the pwer switch would have a negative impact on the ESC, the motor or the battery.

My first crawler is an Elements Trailwalker.
Thanks All!

I have never used a battery inline power switch as my RCs draw to much power that a switch cannot handle and its unsafe to leave a lipo full or other wise in a rc .. do what you want glade I dont live next to you or park my car next to yours.. unplug put lipo in storage mode and be safe no Lazy..

I have never used a battery inline power switch as my RCs draw to much power that a switch cannot handle and its unsafe to leave a lipo full or other wise in a rc .. do what you want glade I dont live next to you or park my car next to yours.. unplug put lipo in storage mode and be safe no Lazy..
Hey thanks! Makes sense. Even though this switch is a 15A 300V industrial stength miniature, the storage angle makes sense totally. I’ll take it out, the switch and the battery. One question, what is storage mode?

If you leave your Lipo charged, it will ruin your battery. That is the down fall of a Lipo. Leaving it fully charged for more than 24 hours will start causing damage to your battery. Your charger should have the "Storage" feature on it.

The switches are not designed for abuse that these things are put under. Also, your car will draw more than 15amps. Depending on your motor size, you would be drawing as much as 80 burst amps with a 30 continuous amp draw.

Back