Sportwerks .26 V2

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

troyleslie

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am new to the sport. I have a Sportwerks .26 V2 on the way. I know is not the best motor but looked like a good one to start with. I have 2 fuels to choose from at my LHS Traxxas and Trinity. Which would be a better choice? The motor recommends Dynamite Blue Thunder. I can get this off of the internet or drive about 40 miles to get this. I want to know what would be better to use in this motor or does it matter.

Thanks
Troy

I hated the Blue thunder, biggest POS Feul in my opinion. Didnt have good results with the trinity either. the 20% Traxxas Top Fuel was pretty good. seemed to be very consistant.

if you can find it, use Byrons Original. same price as the Traxxas fuel but much better quality in my opinion. But the Traxxas is the best out of the 3 you mentioned.

Hmm..I have no experience with those but I woulda thought Trinity would be better. Thanks for the help Timmah. I'm a Byron's guy. Have been for the last couple years. It's a good deal and my engines have always run reliably.
Good luck with the SportWerks .26. I have one in my Mayhem and it has run well for me. Good power and pretty easy to keep tuned well.

I've run trinity MHP 20% for 6 years in many engines. Runs pretty consistent. I recently switched to byrons due to needing 25% and my LHS doesn't carry anything but 20% MHP or trinity's 30% race stuff, so I got the byrons instead. My LRP28 manual suggested at minimum to run 25%.

Now I run that in my 3 trucks and they all do well.

The blue thunder didn't work well for me in anything but my os 15 cv-r. Ran bad in my trx2.5 and os 21Rg at the time. Ran hot.

Back