sportmaxx problems plz help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ragnaroksg1

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hi everyone i am new to nitro rc and i have a sportmaxx. the problem is that whenever i try to drive it now the engine revs up fast but the truck sits there doing nothing. i have rebuilt the entire drivechain and nothing seems to be wrong i used the exploded views to rebuild . i have a siro tx .18 and 2 speed tranny if that helps

Well, process of elimination.

When the engine is revving, what spins?
Flywheel
Clutchbell
Spur
Rear center axle
Outer wheel axles
Wheels

Where does the spinning stop and that will help tell you where the problem is.

the Flywheel Clutchbell and Spurgearall spin and when the engine cut out its still spinning. could the engine be starting and running backwords it has the ez start on it

Could be, but isn't likely.

Does the shaft your spur is on spin when the engine is running?

You may have forgotten something in the trans when you had it apart. Or did you take it apart? Or was the "rebuilt the entire drivetrain" everything but the trans to remedy this problem?

Since it's a sport maxx, I'm assuming it doesn't have reverse, right?

yea i did rebuild the tranny with the views i found and its foward only

all the pins are in the i also but the 1 speed only gears and it made the truck drive backwords

all the pins are in the i also but the 1 speed only gears and it made the truck drive backwords

Use complete sentences, and speak english.

You said the truck doesn't MOVE.

Now you say it DOES move but backwards....

Follow the first guys directions to locate your problem area.

If the truck goes backwards you have major issues.... If it just doesn't go, I would check to make sure the little washer with the hexagonal center is on next to the spur gear.

It isn't a major problem if it goes backwards. The diff is just installed the wrong way. Flip it over.

well after some tinkering around i found out that the person i got my truck from had the ez start installed the wrong way and was starting the engine backwards
but i have everything in order now thx for your help everyone. :)