Sport Maxx (New 2WD)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i guess if it is 80$less than a real maxx,it will only cost 80$ to upgrade it to a real maxx. yeah right. i think it's a cop out for a bunch of people asking for a new product.

Matts I totally agree, a 1:8 .21 would have been a much wiser "new" product. This is a feeble attempt to sell more T-maxxes. It will definately cost more than $80 to upgrade it to a complete maxx. I thought the premise of a maxx was to go about anywhere with it, a two wheel drive version is just not going to be able to do that. I bet the two speed alone will nearly cost $80. How much weight could they have really removed, c'mon, again I say "What are they thinking?" :wtf: They can only hang on by there reputation for so long, if they don't get into the 1:8 .21 market I think they are gonna get left behind. Savage all the way for me!

All they did was take a T-Maxx and remove all the reasons I bought one in the first place! You know, the two speed, Reverse, 4WD.....I know we could take out the steering servo and call it the Drag-Maxx! Or remove the motor and call it the Glide Maxx! Or remove the radio and call it the Run away Maxx!!

Come on guys, What happened to the old creative jucies!

Originally posted by Fett
All they did was take a T-Maxx and remove all the reasons I bought one in the first place! You know, the two speed, Reverse, 4WD.....I know we could take out the steering servo and call it the Drag-Maxx! Or remove the motor and call it the Glide Maxx! Or remove the radio and call it the Run away Maxx!!

Sounds like you need to go work for TRAXXAS...those are all excellent ideas...I might just buy a Glide Maxx...NOT!

BTW...excellent post...I got a chuckle and the guys here at work did also...

Last edited:

HOLY MOOO COW Dude I about fell out of my chair laughing at that dude you summed it up perfectly you should post that same thing on the traxxas boads. X

Come on guy's at least Traxxas did'nt make it front wheel drive and try to tell us it will corner better.

If the price was $250 I could see it.

2WD might be fun to do donuts with, but I would still want the 2-speed tranny.

What really gets me is that they're apparently having trouble producing enough 2.5 maxxes to meet the demand (most importantly MY backordered 2.5) and here they are wasting parts and manufacturing capacity on this stupid thing.

They could knock off another $50, leave out all the parts, and call it No Maxx. And the great thing is that it is really easy to maintain! The No Maxx will certainly fill a niche for that first-time R/Cer on a budget. Another home run, Traxxas!

You know what's sad about this, People would buy it because Traxxas made it, just so long as OQ and HW get one to say how great they are.

Not for a long time. Changing the thoughts from tons of RC'ers to say that Traxxas is not longer the only option for a monster truck will take time but probably eventually that sun will dim on Traxxas but never go out, at least not as long as OQ and HW are endorsing their products on the Traxxas Forum.

Originally posted by El Pirata
Not for a long time. Changing the thoughts from tons of RC'ers to say that Traxxas is not longer the only option for a monster truck will take time but probably eventually that sun will dim on Traxxas but never go out, at least not as long as OQ and HW are endorsing their products on the Traxxas Forum.
Well I tottaly agree there are a couple mods over there that are great then there are a couple that just blow me away with the stuff they say. That is a lot of the reason I started posting here to begin with. That and the fact that all the kids over there get on my nerves after the same 20 freeking worthless posts a day. X

Oh c'mon, they were 20 different questions because they were asked by 20 different people therefore they were all slightly different!

Kind of makes you wonder if TRAXXAS reads forums like this for a reality check or not...I doubt it...they still think OQ and HW are the best mods ever...

Hard job aside, I find it a bit disgusting the way they suck up to the product...even when it is obviously an attempt to keep people buying the T-Maxx...perhaps they should just call their new models of the same truck the Franken-Maxx. That way it can become whatever OQ and HW tell us it should be...

I have to agree with sky.Traxxas should stay at the top for awhile but if they don't get into high gear soon they will be gone. don't get me wrong I really like traxxas but this is getting rediculous. What's the point of a 2x4 maxx for $310. all I can say When I get the money for my maxx (hopfullysoon) I'm going all out for the 4x4 .

For 310 I can get an Associated TC3 RTR with Radio ;)

For 270 I can get the pro kit and add my own bad Mill and RX and be FLYING with a 2 speed 4wd Street ride.......

I know, has NOTHING to do with the new MaxxLite (you know, like non-fully functional software, lets you start a project but NEVER finish it!)

I have just had the TC3 on my mind for the past week....

I think instead of SPORT MAXX it should be the "DIET MAXX"

Originally posted by x_789
I think instead of SPORT MAXX it should be the "DIET MAXX"

Or Maxx light???

I like the Glide Maxx concept...then you can add whatever you want to it...wait a minute, we do that already...maybe they should call it Lemon Maxx

Originally posted by SkyMaxx
I like the Glide Maxx concept...then you can add whatever you want to it...wait a minute, we do that already...maybe they should call it Lemon Maxx

I can see the add now the new Glide-Maxx great for kids 3 and under.

Back