Spec of Original Dynatech 01R

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Webbage

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi,
I'm trying t make some headway with my old Tamiya King Cab, and I'm thinking of fitting an ESC. The manual SC is shot to hell and doesn't contact properly. I discovered to my delight that my Bro fitted a Dynatech 01R to it when he was running it.

I need to know that Turns the 01R was out of the box. Reports are conflicting, He never upgraded the rotor so I guess it's stick, I'd be surprised if he even changed the timing on it. I need ti match up a speed controller to it that'll cope with it because I suspect it's a low 'Turn' motor.

Any ESC suggestions are welcome, I'm not after anything fancy or expensive, just something that'll replace the manual and give me forward, reverse and a preferably a brake.

If anyone still cares, the 01R was 19 turns stock and 17 turns with the hop-up rotor.

I just wanted to know what spec it was originally so I could match it o an ESC. Would using a 19T on a stock Wheely King ESC (rated down to 21T) be pushing it too much do you think? I could really fancy fitting this in my WK for a bit of extra speeeeeeed :)