spartan prop issues

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobP

Nitro Hater
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
  5. Boating
I have a Spartan that I put a SSS 4092 1650kv and OSE 150 amp esc, I have a octra x445 prop on now and want more speed. what prop would do that?

Any prop with more total pitch that whats on your boat now.Total Pitch: 1.4x1.77=2.478

Any prop with more total pitch that whats on your boat now.Total Pitch: 1.4x1.77=2.478
just ordered a octra 645. the 445 has 1.4 pitch 645 has 1.6 pitch. I thought about trying a y series octra,it has a bigger blade

You still need to keep in mind that prop size and pitch is much like changing gear ratios and tire sizes. Once you go past the "sweet spot" the engine or motor can't push any harder.

You're right about that. I understand I can only go so big and so much pitch. I'm just trying to get there a little at a time. I have all the upgrades on the back of the boat and been able to adjust my trim tabs and strut angle. I still have a little shimmy at high speeds but I'm trying to work that out by weight distribution and by changing my other adjustments. The boat comes with a 42 mm prop as a stock equipment and I tried the Grim racer 4266 prop. 445 is a 45 mm prop and I just didn't know if I should go any larger than 45 mm. The ultra X Series I believe is a lifter prop so does that means it will lift the transom out of the water that's why I was thinking maybe I should go to a wider Blade with less lift to it

Correct. A lifter prop raises a dragging transom in order to get more air under the boat when it's running level. It might not be what you need.

Thank you for your reply Rolex. I just got the 645 sharpened and balanced so I'm going to try and take it to the lake as soon as the weather will let me. I think I'll go ahead and order the Y series and get it ready to go and see what it'll do also