Son's beater big block maxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hulkmaxx

Wanna know my secrect. I'm always ANGRY!
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Here is the big block maxx truck I got for rebuilding my nephews maxx truck. Doe's anyone know the brand of big block kit this is. I will be tearing it down some tonite. Going to be a budget build before I start my race maxx truck. I know it has a B01 gs .21 on it. Hoping it is still functional. I know it's stuck pretty much tight. Do not know brand of pipe either.

View attachment 12485

View attachment 12486

Last edited:
Looks like an HPI ribbed savy pipe thats been painted.

Looks like an HPI ribbed savy pipe thats been painted.

Thats what I thought but it does not match the ribbed pipe I have on my savy so I guess maybe could be older version I don't know. This kit has some weid skid plates to. They bolt into the stock maxx style bumpers, for extra support. I have the ebtire truck pract tore down right now. It also has some kind of homemade FOC to.:\

Show a picture of the skids at the point they bolt to the bumper.

The pipe looks like a new era pipe they used to offer:
http://neweramodels.mybigcommerce.com/blue-ripple-pipe-for-21-to-28-engines/

I say "used to", because I don't think new era is open anymore.

Might be new era skids too, hard to tell in your photo's for sure:
http://neweramodels.mybigcommerce.com/search.php?mode=1&search_query_adv=skid&brand=&category[]=35&searchsubs=ON&price_from=&price_to=&featured=&shipping=

Right on the brand of pipe I just checked it out. That is def the pipe. Thanks man.:D

Sons beater maxx finished

Well here it is. I stripped all the paint off it that someone sprayed on pretty much everything. Turns out I was right had a GS B01 engine in it. I ditched the New Era pipe for a Hot Bodies side pipe sounds like a beast and makes great power. That B01 just don't leave the front tires on the ground. Someone had the rear diff spooled so I just left it, trans was a full metal ROB Racing gear set. Has a ROB Racing steel spur Alum clutch. I had to custom fit a savage receiver mount to clear the pipe, I think all in all for putting it together with what I had laying around came out descent and runs like a beast. Here are some pics.

View attachment 12520

View attachment 12521

Last edited:
Back