Someone knows a good one way bearing?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fstnd

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have bought a new one way bearing for my savage 4.6 last month, and it is already broken. Does someone maybe know a better one way bearing that lasts longer than the 1430 hpi bearing, and will fit in the 4.6 engine?

You can try hammering it out with a socket and replacing just the bearing, since it sounds like you have at least one you could try it with:
https://www.amazon.com/HF0612-Needle-Bearing-6x10x12-Miniature/dp/B002BBK6YQ

I know guys used to do that quite a bit back in the day.

Are you using a roto start or pull start? Could try a pull start if your not, might hammer the owb less.

Measure bearing size (dia.,Inner dia., depth in mm) and find some one way bearing based off of that.

How did it fail? It slips? You can often roughen up the shaft with some fine sandpaper and restore it to full functionality.

You might also want to try 1-way-bearing grease to prolong its life. This helps the rollers slide into their recesses when the engine is running- if the "needle" rollers in the bearing don't pull away slightly, they can polish the shaft to a mirror-like finish that slips when you next need it. It's not being worn out by hard starts, but by running dry.

It's also possible that only some of the rollers are engaging, OWB grease should give more consistent performance.

How did it fail? It slips? You can often roughen up the shaft with some fine sandpaper and restore it to full functionality.

You might also want to try 1-way-bearing grease to prolong its life. This helps the rollers slide into their recesses when the engine is running- if the "needle" rollers in the bearing don't pull away slightly, they can polish the shaft to a mirror-like finish that slips when you next need it. It's not being worn out by hard starts, but by running dry.

It's also possible that only some of the rollers are engaging, OWB grease should give more consistent performance.
Thanks, yeah it slips, at the beginning when i rotate (rotostart) it grips and rotates 2 times, but then it slips, and when i stop it grips again for like one turn. Maybe I can buy that OWB grease

From my experience, any OWB that does not have "made in Germany" printed on it, is a waste of time.
That is for the OWB that is truly German many, not knock offs.