Someone gave me a tmaxx, havin a little trouble...help appreciated.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitar1090

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
So my brother gave me his tmaxx. its not in that bad of condition. I dont have that much experience but i replaced glow plug, batteries and stuff and went to start and nothing happened. It has the ez start which I'm starting to hate.So i fooled around a bit, even switched the black and red wire positions on the electric motor randomly and when i tried to start i did hear the motor working but nothing else was spinning, not the flywheel or anything. When the black and red wires are in the correct position, nothing happens. On the ez start wand the lights wont even go on. I dont know what is wrong. And like many know I'm sure, these things get very frustrating. And help is much appreciated.
Thanks,
guitar1090

Make sure the batt is charged if thats good pull the ez start off and try it and also try to spin the motor clean the one way bering and make sure to put it in the right way there is lil wrighting that faces the motor and it could also be the clutch

ill definitly try that and see what happens. thanks a lot.

Remove the glow plug, and try the EZ start again. This will let you verify that the starter is hooked up properly and workinng. (the car wont start obviously) But you will hear the engine turn over.

ASK YOUR BROTHER for help....... he must know whats up with it if it was his.........

Reversing the wires allowed the motor to spin since there was a one way bearing turning in the free wheeling position. You need to put the wires back where they were. Remove the glow plug and turn the flywheel by hand. If it doesn't turn, your engine is gummed up and needs to be cleaned out.

Get it running and tuned before you ditch the ez start. If it won't start by cranking it with a starter, it will be even tougher with a recoil. Once you get the engine turning over properly, use a separate rechargeable ignitor on the plug. Don't rely on the ez start system to heat the plug.

Last edited:
how long has it been sitting? if a long time spry wd40 to loosin bearings up in motor

he didnt say that he put fuel in it. surly he didnt forget fuel.

LOL! Yea, that's why I went pullstart. Eliminates weight, hassle, charging, and makes life simpler. x2 on checking the one-way bearing. :)