Some more questions..

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tidd1340

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Ok, my break in is done,and I'm on my 8th or 9th tank..runnig real good,even on the break in settings(only have played with the idle..its only been in the 40's here and i want it rich). Kind of having touble with the idle,but I'm close. I noticed a brownish stain on the header pipe coming out of the motor. The pipe isnt covered with it,but there is quite alot. Is this normal,or do I have a leak. All the fasteners seem tight..and motor cleaner wont take it off..second question is about second gear...did yopu guys find you had to adjust the shift points?..or did it come in with tune-up. Thanks for your time!

When you start to lean your needles out, it will shift into 2nd. It will not do it now because you are at break in settings and the motor can't produce enough rpm's to shift, this is normal, nothing to worry about. You shouldn't have to adjust your shift point unless you have some other problem.

Your brown stains sounds like you have a problem in your pants!!LOL nah just kiddin, that sounds like just fuel and oil residue, you will get alot of oil spitting out due to the mill being at break in settings

Last edited:
She will start to shift and take off smoother with more tanks through her. As for the leakage, check your bolts again, I don't have any residue anywhere.

I misread the part about the header, Maxx is right, you should not have any residue where the header meets the engine.

Well,after closer inspection,I think it was the screws. They werent loose,but not tight either. I'm thinking these should have to be pretty snug...aaahh nothin like breakin in a new toy...Thanks for the replies!

Originally posted by tidd1340
Well,after closer inspection,I think it was the screws. They werent loose,but not tight either. I'm thinking these should have to be pretty snug...aaahh nothin like breakin in a new toy...Thanks for the replies!

Thats it then, throw some BLUE locktite on them you should be fine. THey probably backed out during break in, you should go through all fasteners and make sure everything it snug, put Blue Locktite on any fasteners that are going into metal