Snow trucks opinion

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weight of the truck isn't the only consideration when choosing a power system. First thing to look at is, what is the truck capable of. For example, your Associated 4x4 is barely capable of handling 3S, and anything bigger, you will be constantly breaking it. The T-Maxx and Revo can handle it because they are designed for it, but, every other truck you mentioned isn't. If you see a video, say, of a Stampede 4x4 on 4S, that's because the owner upgraded it for that much power. You put 6S power in the Stampede, or the Associated, or either of your ECX, and they won't last through the first battery. Associated especially are race trucks designed around a 2S or 3S power system. Companies like Associated and TLR don't build trucks to run 4S or higher power, because most spec race classes only allow up to 2S, and unlimited classes are typically 3S, but no bigger. If you want that kind of power, that's where companies like Arrma and Traxxas come in, but, only if the vehicle is designed for that much power. Look through posts on the forum, and see how much upgrading people have done in the past to run that much power, or, just look at the fact that now, the guys running big power, are only doing it with cars designed for it. There is a reason why companies like Arrma And Traxxas make a line of 4S and 6S vehicles.

Edit: As for stupid fast speeds, you can achieve that without 6S, if you do it right. The Traxxas Stampede, with the VXL-3S Velineon setup and the right gearing will do 55-60MPH on 3S. Just having an oversized motor that may or may not even fit your truck doesn't necessarily mean you will get extreme speed. All you might end up with is a huge pile of broken parts.

Last edited:
Weight of the truck isn't the only consideration when choosing a power system. First thing to look at is, what is the truck capable of. For example, your Associated 4x4 is barely capable of handling 3S, and anything bigger, you will be constantly breaking it. The T-Maxx and Revo can handle it because they are designed for it, but, every other truck you mentioned isn't. If you see a video, say, of a Stampede 4x4 on 4S, that's because the owner upgraded it for that much power. You put 6S power in the Stampede, or the Associated, or either of your ECX, and they won't last through the first battery. Associated especially are race trucks designed around a 2S or 3S power system. Companies like Associated and TLR don't build trucks to run 4S or higher power, because most spec race classes only allow up to 2S, and unlimited classes are typically 3S, but no bigger. If you want that kind of power, that's where companies like Arrma and Traxxas come in, but, only if the vehicle is designed for that much power. Look through posts on the forum, and see how much upgrading people have done in the past to run that much power, or, just look at the fact that now, the guys running big power, are only doing it with cars designed for it. There is a reason why companies like Arrma And Traxxas make a line of 4S and 6S vehicles.

Edit: As for stupid fast speeds, you can achieve that without 6S, if you do it right. The Traxxas Stampede, with the VXL-3S Velineon setup and the right gearing will do 55-60MPH on 3S. Just having an oversized motor that may or may not even fit your truck doesn't necessarily mean you will get extreme speed. All you might end up with is a huge pile of broken parts.
I would only run the team associated on 2s or 3s for races. I would run the stampede on 4s because I have upgraded it to the max. it has all rpm stuff, metal cvds front and rear, and a metal spur gear. the Revo also has all rpm stuff on it and I'm going to sell the T-Maxx because I don't have space for it. Same with the ECX's. Sorry for not specifying that my trucks are all upgraded.

Snow, huh?
1218212116a.jpg
0130221440a.jpg
0115221505c.jpg
0110221258.jpg
1219211312a.jpg

1219211246c.jpg