smoke???melted plastic???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batmanninja

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ran my stampede today for the first time since winter. Took like 5 mins before I could go forward. Then reverse stopped working properly and I noticed smoke when it did go backwards very slowly. Esc went into lockout mode too hot. I have a reedy radon motor with xpdigital sc200 esc 7 cell minh venom 5000 battery. After it cooled off and wasn't in lockout anymore I ran it pretty hard. No reverse still tho. After bat was dead I found out the outer plastic on the bat was melting and cracked. Is it screwed?? Or am I just to rough?? Any help would be great. Thanks

A few minutes of clean and lube during a routine maintenance check would have done wonders for you. It sat all winter.

Did blow it out and check everything first. It was all free. How do u lube an electric motor???

I'm referring to bearings and parts that built up rust and dust while sitting. Grease that thickened and dried out.

No those were not my problem. I'm having trouble with my motor and esc I think?

If youve ran that same set up before with out problems then Rolex is probably right.

Put a new esc on and it works perfect