Smartphone suggestions...finally upgrading from the flip!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2revo1maxx

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm just looking for a smartphone, nothing fancy or too expensive please! I also need something relatively small, somewhat robust, and not known for catching fire.

Thanks!

The samsung galaxy s3 wasn't bad, but it's pretty old now. I've had the S5 for quite a while and like it. It's pretty big though. The S3 felt tiny after I had the S5 for a bit.

You can find refurbished Galaxy S5 phones and they are fairly cheap and work well. (I also had one that I traded for an S7 Edge).

I've heard the older galaxy are great, thanks. They're not out of the running, but I did just realize that I may be looking for an older iPhone, mainly due to my experience with the iPad.

If it's me I wouldn't own anything other than a Nexus or Pixel phone. A nexus would be the cheaper of the two if you can still buy them.

Iphone's a re more of a fashion statement than a bang for your buck. For what you pay for an Iphone, you can get a much better android phone with mroe features for a lot less. They're more customisiable and in general just have a much wider spectrum of uses. S5's are good, Google nexus/Pixel are good, sony's are good. You have so much more choice with android, shop around :)

Back