Small racing tires

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dawg2500HD

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
He guys! My 2.5 TMaxx is down right now for a new tranny and I been thinking....I want some small tires and wheels to go on it for dragracing! I want something pretty small in diameter so I can have HUGE acceleration!! Don't care about topend because we only do short drag races. I'm mostly bashing around my yard or the local skate park but me and my buddies dragrace sometimes. I feel the smaller tires would be less of a pain to change than the clutchbell. What are some of my options? Tire? Wheels?

Thanks!
Jeremy

I have a suggestion because I may wanna try this but maybe someone else can help you out here and myself as well but maybe some 2.2 slicks may work if they can handle the power?

new hexes and buggy onroad tires?? seen those on a savage once.

Thats what I was thinking! I think i'm going to get some 12mm hexs and 2.2's. Just not sure of what tire....I need to decide how small I wanna go though. The stockers are 5.75" tall and its got pretty good acceleration. I think if I dropped to something like 3.5" tall the take off power would be insane!!! I might even have to lower the suspension to prevent instantly flipping over backward! haha

Jeremy

Back