Slowngreens 2011 comper...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been running 4s for like a year which is 14.8 volts instead of 11.1, big power difference.

What are the 1 2 3 s differances?

The 1 2 3 4s refers to the number of Lipo cells in a Lipo battery pack, each cell is 3.7volts, so if you go up or down a cell on a Lipo battery it is a much more dramatic change then going up or down a cell on a NiMh battery that is only 1.2volts per cell.

Posted this in my 2011 painting thread in the paint forum but I better update this build thread too.

New lid.

002-165.jpg

003-147.jpg

005-100.jpg

What electronic/motor setup are you running? External BEC? I need some ideas if I can sell my shafty

At this time I am running the following...

Dual HH BR-xl esc's.
CC BEC
Hitec 7950 at 7.4v
Team Brood handwound 45t motors
Futaba rx
Futaba 4pk
I was running 1000mah 4s packs but am running 1000mah Gen 25c 3s packs now.

I'm pulling way more power than you I'm sure with running more volts to my servo as well as dual escs/motors and I average 30-45 minutes on 1000's and I am a wheel speed guy so I do alot of spinning and throttle blurps. What charger do you use.

hobby king eco 8, I havent programmed my bec either if that matters

Shouldnt make a difference. I'm not sure what might be going on unless your pack is false peaking and making it think it charged.

Shouldnt make a difference. I'm not sure what might be going on unless your pack is false peaking and making it think it charged.

Lol dandy, no idea what to do now, never heard a I'm not sure from ya lol. I ran the same electronics besides the motor on my scaler and got almost 3.5 hours of run time

It could be that your crawler is packing around a heavier load then your scaler was, and you are also putting more of a load on things when you are crawling then doing trail runs with a scaler I would think, just a couple ideas, you might also like Lloyd said be getting a false peak, maybe see if a buddy has a charger you could use to charge a pack, do you have more then one pack? And is the same way on all of your batteries?

It could be that your crawler is packing around a heavier load then your scaler was, and you are also putting more of a load on things when you are crawling then doing trail runs with a scaler I would think, just a couple ideas, you might also like Lloyd said be getting a false peak, maybe see if a buddy has a charger you could use to charge a pack, do you have more then one pack? And is the same way on all of your batteries?

I fried my other pack, I also have only ever done 2 crawl locations & doing the same lines with both, its really frustrating, even RCC is lost, as am I...

Nothing exciting but made a new batt mount outta delrin.

2011-02-13130733.jpg

So are you going to be running a smaller battery now? doesn't seem like there is a lotta room there...

Same GEN 1000 3s 25c's, they fit fine.

Yeah I guess they are a little smaller then the 1300 packs I run, i just hope I don't have to buy new batteries for my XR10.

If you do, I'll link you to what I'm running.

Been sick for the last few days and hella bored in bed today so I made a new electronics tray outta delrin to get rid of the lexan one I've been using...

005-102.jpg

006-86.jpg

007-78.jpg

looks good Lloyd, do you have a view from the top, also how did you attach to the skid, to sided tape or a couple of small screws?

Can you make me one for my rig, LOL!!!!