Sliping when trying to start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avantnoise

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well it has been awhile since i have taken the T max out. I have a first generation T and I am letting me Dad use it. Problem is when trying to start it is seems like it is slipping and not turning the engine. I do prefer pull starts because of this. Like i said it has been a long time and I am sure there are tons of posts on this but i was wondering if anyone has come up with any different solutions for this problem. If there is something that needs to be replaced what exactly needs replacing??? Thanks for any help... comments and guidance.

Avant....

Last edited:
Most likely it is your one way bearing. It's what the starter grabs to turn over the engine, it is mounted behind where the easy start bolts to the back of the engine.

yea its the one way fuel or afterrun oil seaped in it while sittin.

huhh huhh he said Shaft!

Thanks for the help everyone..... I will give my bearing and shaft a good soaking LOL

I agree. Take it out and clean it with denatured alcohol. Do the same for the shaft.

Before you Re-install the engine, check to see that the cleaned bearing is grabbing and... in the right direction. I hate putting it all back together and finding out that I did something wrong, or that I need a new part