Slash Upgrade!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RazzyRazz

RCTalk Talkaholic
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
Well I am excited I have never had a gyro in this monster 4x4 Slash but now I do. I recently purchased a Radiolink RC6GS transmitter. Ordered a receiver for my Slash and get gyro, 7 channels and 600m range for $28cdn. Need to balance the tires still but I'm going to send her!!
03387F7B-1209-441C-938F-DBCB16571F4A.jpeg

Well I am excited I have never had a gyro in this monster 4x4 Slash but now I do. I recently purchased a Radiolink RC6GS transmitter. Ordered a receiver for my Slash and get gyro, 7 channels and 600m range for $28cdn. Need to balance the tires still but I'm going to send her!!View attachment 150392
Love my RL transmitter!! But I haven't tried the gyro yet. I need to try it out soon! 😂

yOU have system that takes out about 170 amps,
connector TRX and TRX lipo will not give all you can do.

Change lipo, and do atleast EC5 connector .
also cooling fan to motor, cool system handles power better.

after this GIVE this poor old TRX 4x4 HELL

yOU have system that takes out about 170 amps,
connector TRX and TRX lipo will not give all you can do.

Change lipo, and do atleast EC5 connector .
also cooling fan to motor, cool system handles power better.

after this GIVE this poor old TRX 4x4 HELL
First things first man, batteries are spendy in Canada. Plus I have to keep things the same to what I have for chargers and my kids RC’s.

Eh, that gyro was pretty disappointing. But the radio is good :thumbs-up:

Eh, that gyro was pretty disappointing. But the radio is good :thumbs-up:
That sucks man, i tried it out tonight and seemed to work well on the Slash. My driveway is 3/4” crush and gyro on straight as an arrow, gyro off, spin out!

You can adjust the gyro with the VR knob, maybe your turned down? 🤷‍♂️

Nah, I had a 2wd SC with so-so tyres that was probably too loose for the gyro to fix it. Now I have a 4x4 Slash that I've been racing every week so I got good enough that a gyro gets in the way.

Anyway, it's very simple compared to FlySky's system (GT5) which controls both throttle and steering, lets you set priorities for ST and TH channels, etc (and you can turn it on/off completely via radio which RadioLink doesn't have). But the GT5 lacks some functions RadioLink has like channel mixing. Whatever, glad if it works in your case. :)

how to install the gyro receiver correct ?

straight? sideways? does it matter?
ARA7116V2_A4_UX6QSB1V.jpg

Nah, I had a 2wd SC with so-so tyres that was probably too loose for the gyro to fix it. Now I have a 4x4 Slash that I've been racing every week so I got good enough that a gyro gets in the way.

Anyway, it's very simple compared to FlySky's system (GT5) which controls both throttle and steering, lets you set priorities for ST and TH channels, etc (and you can turn it on/off completely via radio which RadioLink doesn't have). But the GT5 lacks some functions RadioLink has like channel mixing. Whatever, glad if it works in your case. :)
I believe radiolink v2 has both steering and throttle control. I don't use throttle, just steering and seems to work fine, didn't notice significant difference compared to Traxxas tsm

Back