slash shocks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reighard53

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
well i tore out my electronics and took my slash apart to buy some new parts. so i went and bought some rpm arms, aluminum castor blocks, beadlocks, and last of till i get paid some integy piggy back shocks.

i have a question though about the shocks. they are really bouncy and they can't support the weight of my truck very well. i fixed the weight problem by putting the stock spirings on there. but when i fill it with oil do i need to fill the piggy back part full and the shock tube full or what?

you have to fill the shaft first, then cap it and flip it, at the same time, then fill the piggybacks. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!!!

http://www.integy.com/T3845.pdf

Last edited:
they didnt come with instructions thats why asked before i screwed it up.

Thats y i posted em for ya,

o i kinda figured you were yelling at me for being an idiot and not reading them lol... but i didnt have them so thanks :p

Can you understand what the instructions say? They are kinda weird, but after the first one, it gets a lil easier.

yeah lol i was reading them from side to side then i realized it goes from top to bottom haha

do you know if these are good shocks once i put oil in them? i know there integy but they look cool

It might be a little stiff. They were for my tmaxx, and the slash is much heavier than it was. I wana see a pic of them on the slash, to see if i wana take em off my tmaxx and put em on it.

i only got the back ones but ill post a pic of those for now. these shocks are expensive little things lol and i used the stock springs instead of the blue or red ones it came with. they were kinda not stiff at all

here thay are
0106092319.jpg

0106092320.jpg

Last edited:
Those do look cool but I too am curious how it handles. let us know...

alright gotta make a trip to my lhs tomarrow to get some shock oil then ill let ya know

sorry guys my check hasnt gone through the bank yet so i have to wait to get some oil

k guys i got the oil, charged the batt. and drove it around. i used 60 weight oil.

they are very good shocks considering that there integy. they make it not roll over any more and they look sick. i recomend using stiffer springs though i will be buying the front ones soon

very nice but does it handle like a slash anymore, or is it just a jumper/basher setup?

Changed the ride height big time--how does that affect the handling? I would think the higher CG would detract from the overall feel of the rig.

handles just like it used to but the reason its so high is cuz i moved the bottom of the shock up on the a-arm. you can move it down or up and the shock is adjustable. you can set it any way you want

Back