Slash 4X4 chassis differences.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggman100

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok, i have to ask, because i really dont know the answer to this. What is the difference between this chassis:

DF854561-4948-4B6B-BBAC-0E75958AF398.jpeg

and this one:
IMG_20220822_142910492.jpg

On the first one, you can't see the driveshaft, but, on mine, the driveshaft actually sits above the chassis a bit, so, are there different chassis for the 4X4, just like there is for the 2WD?

Ok, i have to ask, because i really dont know the answer to this. What is the difference between this chassis:

View attachment 151036

and this one:
View attachment 151037
On the first one, you can't see the driveshaft, but, on mine, the driveshaft actually sits above the chassis a bit, so, are there different chassis for the 4X4, just like there is for the 2WD?
First one is the regular chassis and the second is the Low center of gravity version.

First one is the regular chassis and the second is the Low center of gravity version.
Thank you. I really am clueless on a lot of 4WD stuff, since i am way more into 2WD. I knew they made both the HCG and the LCG chassis for the 2WD, but didnt know they made one for the 4X4 as well.

The current production 4x4 with the LCG is the Ultimate. I just got one. I was out of the 10th scale trucks for a while, but the ones with the lcg chassis handle better for me. I also just bought a new 2wd, first thing I did, lcg for it.

The current production 4x4 with the LCG is the Ultimate. I just got one. I was out of the 10th scale trucks for a while, but the ones with the lcg chassis handle better for me. I also just bought a new 2wd, first thing I did, lcg for it.
I dont know if the one i have is the Ultimate version, or if he just did a chassis swap on it. I got it used from a guy on FB marketplace.

From the lack of GTR shocks and aluminum hubs I'm guessing he upgraded the regular one to the LCG.
Considering I'm gonna just be doing my usual, bash it hard and upgrade as needed, its not really a big deal to me. It does have sealed bearings, so thats one less thing to have to do right off the bat.

Considering I'm gonna just be doing my usual, bash it hard and upgrade as needed, its not really a big deal to me. It does have sealed bearings, so thats one less thing to have to do right off the bat.
All of the 4x4 models come with sealed bearings. Only the 2wd brushed models have bushings in the hubs.

View attachment 151036

and this one:
View attachment 151037
Second picture is not slash, it's Traxxas rally. I believe old Traxxas rally was the same width like slash, but new.ford fiesta is narrower than slash. Rally comes with lcg chassis, and different from and rear bumper, just like In the picture

Second picture is not slash, it's Traxxas rally. I believe old Traxxas rally was the same width like slash, but new.ford fiesta is narrower than slash. Rally comes with lcg chassis, and different from and rear bumper, just like In the picture
I have since found out that is is a mix of parts. It started out as a Stampede, then, he bought a LWB LCG chassis, then, after he snapped his rally car in half, he swapped the wheels and tires and bumpers to this. The control arms are the green HD Stampede ones from Traxxas. Eventually i plan to swap them for blue ones.

I have since found out that is is a mix of parts. It started out as a Stampede, then, he bought a LWB LCG chassis, then, after he snapped his rally car in half, he swapped the wheels and tires and bumpers to this. The control arms are the green HD Stampede ones from Traxxas. Eventually i plan to swap them for blue ones.
I would not bother to change parts that are not broken. I would just ad Max 10 brushless system if your goal top speed is around 45 mph with stock tires, or max 10 sct if you want 60 miles plus. And for that speed I would put 1/8 scale onroad tires like grp or hoons. And rebuild shocks, if they are are 4 hole pistons I would go 50w for onroad use, if one hole 30w

I would not bother to change parts that are not broken. I would just ad Max 10 brushless system if your goal top speed is around 45 mph with stock tires, or max 10 sct if you want 60 miles plus. And for that speed I would put 1/8 scale onroad tires like grp or hoons. And rebuild shocks, if they are are 4 hole pistons I would go 50w for onroad use, if one hole 30w
I'm not looking to do speed runs with it, just bash it hard. I already swapped to a VXL-3S combo i picked up, and, other than the blue HD arms, because i can't stand green, I'm leaving it the way it is now. Eventually i will probably put stock Slash wheels and tires on it, in black with blue trim rings, to go with the black and blue theme I'm doing on it, but, eventually, it will end up getting ran the same way my 2WD was:

Back