Slash 2wd diff

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preston H.

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have had the slash 2wd for 6 years and have never done anything with the diff? Should I do something with it? It is very loose. Should I put a silicone ear plug in? What should I do with the diff? Or do I not need to do anything?

You can rebuild it with new diff fluid. The weight of the fluid will depend on what you are doing with it.

You can rebuild it with new diff fluid. The weight of the fluid will depend on what you are doing with it.
The differential isn't sealed, so grease is the only option unless you upgrade it to a sealed differential.

I have had the slash 2wd for 6 years and have never done anything with the diff? Should I do something with it? It is very loose. Should I put a silicone ear plug in? What should I do with the diff? Or do I not need to do anything?
Hope I have the same thing a six year old slash and I’ve never replaced the diff it’s perfect

pull diff off replace diff bearing and lube diff.. wasn't aware that diff had dif lube where is that listed?

The only Slash I have ever worked on is the one I got used. It had lube in the diff. Not sure what it was, but it didn't appear to be leaking.

The Hot Racing one seems to have bad reviews for leaking.

I don't have a 2wd Slash, but I have 2wd Rustler, Monster Jam and Bandit and they are the same platform. The diff is very loose, and as mentioned above you can't fill with silicone oil as the oil would just leak out. What I do is to add some grease to the gears inside the diff that works a little like diff oil, it will make the diff a little less loose. The more sticky grease the less loose - and it needs to be reapplied relative often to have an effect.

But the 2wd Traxxas runs great even with loose diffs