skid plate spacer

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikko508

ROLEX SUPPORTER
Reaction score
Can any one tell me if the spacer under the skid plate is a part that needs to be installed with after market skids. And what does this part do other then take up space. Thanks guys.
20121211_081851.jpg

That skid brace is used as reinforcement with the stock plastic skids. It adds structural integrity/rigidity and helps keep from pulling the screws through the holes in the plastic skid.
Its not used with any aftermarket aluminum skid, but if using plastic skids I would recommend it.

Thanks snook, I figured they use this spacer to aid in keeping the plastic bulk heads together.

I had to use the front one with my flm skids because the pillow screws for the steering would rub without it

I'm using FLM skids,FLM bulkless biffs and I don't have a problem with that at all.
What pillow screws are you referring to.?

Last edited:
I'm using plastic bulks the 2 screw that pivot on the end of the bellcrank and plastic peice thst the turnbuckles screw to

bulkless biffs huh,whats that nikko?

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

do you have a lot of up and down play in your bellcrank,maybe your plastic spacers are wore causing your bellcrank to sit lower?

bulkless biffs huh,whats that nikko?

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

do you have a lot of up and down play in your bellcrank,maybe your plastic spacers are wore causing your bellcrank to sit lower?

I meant hybrid bulks.
And I don't have any isue with my steering, that wasn't me that said that.
2012-12-12064622.png

Last edited:
Those screws were the ones rubbing on the skid before I put that spacer back in

I don't have the spacer in and you can see how much space I have from the skid to the steering. You have something going on with the steering if its rubbing.

hmmm ill check that out but i think my skid is a bit bent might have to give a rubber mallet job :)

Looking at this picture can you set the steering arms mounting to the bottom so they do not hit the bulk head? It may fix the problem with clearance and increase your steering ratio. I see a problem with what is shown but unless you can remount it which it looks like you can. Try moving the pivot ball to the bottom of the mount and test it that way. I believe it will fix the problem. What I am saying is reverse the mounting of the steering pivot ball to the bottom of your steering mounting bracket and then it will not hit the Bulk Head.

Last edited:
Looking at this picture can you set the steering arms mounting to the bottom so they do not hit the bulk head? It may fix the problem with clearance and increase your steering ratio. I see a problem with what is shown but unless you can remount it which it looks like you can. Try moving the pivot ball to the bottom of the mount and test it that way. I believe it will fix the problem. What I am saying is reverse the mounting of the steering pivot ball to the bottom of your steering mounting bracket and then it will not hit the Bulk Head.

I don't have any problem with my steering hitting or rubing anything, chicken man is having the problem.

Mounting the toe link/turnbuckle rod end on the bottom side of the draglink will cause major bump steer when the suspension compresses.
The ball end is also usually too large to fit it to the bottom side as it interferes with the bellcrank arm and limits steering.

Nikko508 has the setup installed correctly. Chickenman242 must have a bent skid, excessive worn parts or has the toe links mounted on the bottom of the draglink with a cap head screw for something to rub the skid. Assembled correctly there is plenty of clearance without the need to use the skid brace as a spacer.

haha yeh my skid plate has taken a beating i've got the stock 4907 bellcrank setup i think i may have to get a new set of skids or get a mallet out on these ones

Back