silly question from a newb about buggies and bashing

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hyster

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
can it be done? Is it a good idea or should I stick with the truck?

Guys bash buggies all the time.

They are tough as nails and can drive away from big air that most trucks would need to be carried away from.

Somewhere this a vid of Josh Cyrul jumping his house with a buggy and driving away after landing. No monster truck would survive that kind of abuse.

I should have gotten a buggy, oh well maybe next time!
I love my truck though.

wow...! Thanks for the feed back. I wasn't sure cuz the truck had 2 shocks to every wheel and the buggy only one. I have had it jumping some last week but wasn't too rough with it at the time. I'll run it some more soon with a bit more liberties on the roughness.

i bash my 8IGHT buggy in the yard sometimes, and it seems to like it !! it also takes a decent bashing at the track, but just keeps asking for more ... who am i to refuse ?? lol

Buggies have their place in the bashing world, but short grass or reasonbly flat (not rough) dirt are the places. Tall grass or really rutty construction sites are not.

Buggies are tough, fast and agile, but they lack ground clearance. The reason 4 shocks hold up so well is because on big jumps, it's expected that the chassis will slap the ground to absorb some of the hit. Also, they are relatively light compared to a 1/8 MT.

I'm a basher and I have one. I find that I can run it more in the early spring and late fall (or middle of summer if the grass all dies). But, in tall grass, it doesn't get around very well and runs hot. By tall, I mean more than a couple inches. They only sit an inch or so off the ground. With them being so light and the contact are of the tires so small, they float easy on taller grass and just spin their wheels.

I have no flat dirt to play in anymore... so I'm sad. Well, then I bust out my aftershock.

The buggy is a riot at the local skatepark as well. They like to fly!

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=yy-w1rXQPJE"]http://youtube.com/watch?v=yy-w1rXQPJE[/ame]

this video?

Now that is some sick air, but I think a truggy or maybe a Revo with enough speed & air could do the same...

Though I will probably never try that, I wonder if he could do that again with wings glued to it? :D

Now that is some sick air, but I think a truggy or maybe a Revo with enough speed & air could do the same...

Yeah... they may launch the same, but a run of the mill buggy has a much higher chance of actually driving away from that jump than a revo and most truggies.

Poor buggy... what did it do to deserve that kind of punishment?

Makes me wish I had a garage ;)

Oh that video is awesome.. Not something I will ever attempt, but great fun to watch someone else do!!

Hyster - the best way to find out how much you're buggy will take is to do just what you're doing, little by little, get it out there and play with it. And of course, if you get some good tricks going, take video and post for all of us to see!

:)

Hey Hyster
What truck do you have?
I have a cheap truck from Ebay to get started with. It has twin shocks per wheel but it doesn't compare to a more expensive known brand buggy with a single shock setup. I guess you get what you are willing to pay for.
I think a buggy would handle serious abuse a bit better than a truck.

Behemoth Nitro
I have a RedCat Volcano SV Truck (currently it's 2wheel drive ATM :p: ) and an Acme Condor Buggy. All of them are 1:10 scale and yeah they were cheap. Truck I got from a friend for $50 (awsome) and the buggy I got off of ebay for $71 thanks to my wifes "ebay Snipping" skills. :whhooo: lol

i had a ofna hyper 7 pcr and that thing was a tank. it held up to just as much abuse as my savage and the only thing i broke on it was i pulled one of the pivot balls out of the front arm. they fly well, and can get some speed up with a good engine. i used to have a group that would come out to my place on the weekends and bash. our record longest jump was with a buggy and it was 68 feet. fellow member "wannarunem" was the owner.