silly question concerning crawlers...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klown

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
i was browsing thru the 2010 comp rules for crawlers sticky. i then seen this:

2.1.9 - Forced Articulation is allowed – Forced articulation is the use of something such as
hydraulics or electronics to literally force the suspension to move in a driver-controlled manner.

how does this work? and is there any website that sells a kit for these? i have been looking for a way to simulate air bags or hydraulics on a RC and depending on the setup of the forced articulation device, that may be just the thing i have been trying to fab in my head. i appreciate all your knowledge and guidance in this. :D

You can use servo's to force the suspension.

I knew one guy that had a winch type set up that would raise and lower the rear suspension, he used that instead of dig and he did really well with it. On a forced a forced articulation set up I believe it has to raise and lower the suspension straight up and down, it can't make it lean side to side or raise and lower one wheel.

thats all i was looking to do, something simple and do the front and the rear seperate... nothing fancy... would be neat to see a pavement dragger rc, atleast diffrent. lol

there would be no time for that in comp runs. Its hard enough to finish in time just using dig lol. I couldn't imagine trying to keep track of other controls while also managing a clean line.