silly brake question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farm boy 530

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So my brakes do work but my question is should the metal plates on the outsides of the pads be pretty loose or do they need to be tightened down? I'm having trouble finding any info on this and don't need more stuff to fall off my car... Thanks!

you want them to be kinda loose with enough room for the brake pad to spin freely until you hit the brakes. I think you want .5mm for a space between the end of the screws and the metal plate. ( or atleast as close as you can come to that measurement.) Hope this helps

I always go close as you can with no dragging when you are not on the brakes. Not a dumb question at all. Brakes are kinda important to have. If they work that's a bonus...lol

I guess once I thought about it a bit I realized they worked when I applied them... At first it just didn't seem right to have something (anything on my car) that loose! I did tighten them up a bit though (still no drag) and they still seem to work fine!

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

And firckenjoey, I learned that lesson the hard way! just after breaking in my forza I realized my breaks weren't working so well when I applied them and couldn't stop in time... Going under a gate it didn't fit under and clipping the engine on the bottom rail. Tweaked my frame just enough to need 2 #4 washers under my rear engine mounts to hold it straight and keep my gear mesh with the trani...... UUUGGGHHHHH glad that's all it took! Cheap ass frame!

Yeah been there done that buddy. My daughter was 2 1/2 and grabbed my remote as I set it down...I forget what I was doing but long story short the buggy ended up wedged under the front tire of my Grand Cherokee tight enough I had to back it up to get the RC out.

Back