Sick of this crap my engines givin' me!!! Tried everything....wat to do next?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

got__nitro?

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Ok that is it!!! I'v tried everything with my friggin' pro .15 Tuning, servicing, cleaning, tinkering, wrenchin', etc.!!! :marshall: It won't fire for me but it will start right up at my lhs. I can't stand it. I'm spending weeks doing wat I mentioned above and haven't got to play at all!! I have all this free time and that's all I do with my maxx every day!!!:nono: There's tons of soft dry powder on the ground and I even made a big ramp out of a pile I made with the shovel and I'm never gonna use it b4 it melts!!! I'm outta possibilities, All I can afford is another pro .15 and there's no way I'm gettin' one of those!!! Any answers or sulutions or other decent affordable (under $50) used engines?

Thanx for any info, Nick

Well, let's look at one simple fact. Your LHS can get it running. That says the engine is fine. So break it down. Is it primed? Is it getting fuel? Is the glow plug working right? Is the EZ Start getting juice to the plug? Do you have good compression? Is the engine getting air in the carb? If you answer yes to all the questions above, it should start. Sorry, but if someone else can get the engine running, you should be able to. Just reset the carb to factory needle settings. Get fresh fuel. Recheck the plug and ignitor to make sure it's glowing bright. Make sure you prime the carb good. That should at least give you something to look for...

I did and they checked the plug at the shop it was glowing like a laser pointer. The can get it to start but not run. I gave it a shot of WD40 in the carb tried to start with air filter on and off. didn't fire. They did use a different control box when they started it. That's why I really don't like it when they use there new stuff to start my truck and then I go home and can't start it then They tell me "well we got it started I don't kno"

I'll check if my control box lights the plug tomorrow

DUde....Let me eliminate your first and biggest problem in this hobby. Please stop going to this horrible LHS that you keep reffering to in multiple threads as it's pretty apparent to anyone with a brain that they don't know chit.

Peace

got__nitro, honestly, i'd recommend you to just sell you T-Maxx to someone with money. So they can play with your maxx the way it should be. Actually bashing!

Take the money you made, and get yourself and X-Mod at Radio Shack. It may not be as glorious as your Maxx, but you know what? It's capable of being driven about as hard as you drive your maxx and then some.

Besides, there's a growing aftermarket on them and you don't have to bother with "tuning."

I would answer the question, but you spam my PM's and blow off my recommendations - so your not getting sh*t this time.

Id have to agree with others. maybe sell the Nitro and get a emaxx.

if the LHS can fire it up and you dont change any setting. then I dono what to tell ya.

1. Check your glow plug yourself. Does It light. Yes ok goto step 2.
2. Prime motor. Does it have Fuel if Yes goto Step 3.
3. try and start it...

Its really simple... theres not much more to it.

Do you use a full on EZ start? As in do you still use the blue wire for warming the glo plug? Do you have the old one that zip strips to a battery stick?

If the answer to any of the above is yes, then half of your problem is in your choice of starting mechanism.

The rest of the problem has been described with just enough grey area that it will be hard to narrow down without more detail. So, answer the first questions here...and we'll see where it goes.

Try using a regular glow charger on the plug at the same time you use the starter button. There could be a loose connection on your starter box.

The little cover with 2 screws on the side of the pro 15 carb comes loose, or warps. I got lots of extra life out of pro 15s people gave me, by removing that cover and putting it back on with silicon gasket sealer around the mating surface.

Now if you get it to start and run for a while, but impossible to restart again until it cools off, then the piston/sleeve is probably worn out. Turn the flywheel with your finger, and the plug out. You should feel a bit of resistance or "pinch" when the piston is up. If not, it is worn out.

And welcome to civilized discussion.

Being an absolute total nitro nooob myself I can tell you what I did to assure fail safe starts, tuning is anothe beast altogether..

Thy can get it started, you can't from what you said only difference is the starting equiptment.

#1 $5.99 get a glow plug ignitor that takes C cell batteries. None of this rechargabble, how long will it last crap. Stick a fresh C in everytime you go to start it, you will get a hot fire, and won't have to guess. I alsways stick a spare plug in my wrecnh to test the battery with

#2 If you think mixture is a problem, take it to factory turns on the screws. The (belive it or not) richen it upa b slight bit).

#3 Use the trim on the reciever to adjust carb opening for a start. If it wont start with trim centered, every two pulls or so work the trim backwards slowly and try another two pulls. If it doesn't pop center the trim and work the trim forward in the same fashion.

#4 if it hydro locks or becomes tough to pull, loosen the glow plug just enough to allow it to be pulled withoutmuffen your pull starter, and repeat #3

I can't start one of these engines for chit! its COLD out but varys by 50 deg one way or the other, so one needle setting never works for the next start. Once it's warmed up I have to change em all over again! Grrr.

SO I have found my own personal fail safe way to start em. Give em enough fuel so you know its got it (rich is ok). Use a fresh battery to get the glow plug hotter than Hades. And use the throttle trim to adjust the amout of air it's getting.

This way you make sure you not only have fuel, but more than enough, and you have a hot enough fire. The only variable left is air.

Granted I have to spend a minute dialig it in for good performance but nothing is worse than a nitro that wont start (blisters to prove it)

For all of you who keep posting in this thread. The member who started the thread has been banned, so there really isnt a need to answer the question, eh?

Actually NA, regardless of his banned status...this thread may end up helping others. So for those that want to respond...do so.

Oh wow, didn't noticed those big red BANNED! :wban: words under his name hhhehehe. I thought he was settling down and trying to assimilate into RCNT Oh well, maybe a New guy will run into this thread and find some of it usefull ;))

I saw that, but wondered why he is able to post. I thought it must be some double-secret probation. My mistake - take off hoser, eh!

all the boy needs is a #10 valium & a little fresh air

Originally posted by kwong2001
got__nitro, honestly, i'd recommend you to just sell you T-Maxx to someone with money. So they can play with your maxx the way it should be. Actually bashing!

Take the money you made, and get yourself and X-Mod at Radio Shack. It may not be as glorious as your Maxx, but you know what? It's capable of being driven about as hard as you drive your maxx and then some.

Besides, there's a growing aftermarket on them and you don't have to bother with "tuning."
:bowned: HARSH!, lol but funny

Originally posted by Robie6
all the boy needs is a #10 valium & a little fresh air
he seems depressed about his max so....maybe some prozac or MDMA, lol. I could seem some kid out there int he snow bare footed hugging his max making snow angels. "Got_Nitro, its time to come in for dinner.", "NO MOM I'm BASHING, GIVE ME MORE MONEY TO BUY HOP UPS FROM MY LHS GOD!!!!"

Last edited:
no fuel

Its probably a "no fuel" situation. Most of the time people aren't getting fuel to their carb. He doesn't mention that its loading up or it wont turn over due to flooding. Hmm....Hey! someone tell this kid to blow on his pipe! :alarm: That will get the fuel to the carb. hehe!

Seems he knows zilch about alot of things so hopefully he'll calm down & listen to things we're trying to say. He needs to find some people around him who can get him some hands-on help. Hate to see someone go off in a huff & toss a perfectly good truck in the trash, or worse sell it off dirt cheap to somebody who could help but rather make a steal. Now thats my good deed for the day so there having a Robert Plant (Led Zepplin) 2 hour special on the stereo so I'm gonna kick back with the head phones, some stash, & Jack Black---later :music:

Last edited: