Show Us Pics Of Your Revo Big Block

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildwilly420

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey Fellow RC'ERS.Wanted To Start A New Thread On Revo's With Big Blocks,And Hopups.Show Us Your Revo,Detailing Engine,And Hopups.The Pros And Cons.Any Issues You Expereinced.and Pointers To Help Out Fellow RC''ERS.My Beast Is As Follows.New Stock Revo.Stripped Down.Put Back Together With All Aluminum.Which Is Nice,If You Do Not Bash On Rocks,Or Crash Alot.Then Used The Ofna Big Block Mount.(I Know Guys.Some Have Problems And Hated Them.Less Choice Of Gear Options).I Hear New Era Is The Best.I Just Never Changed It.Works For Me. Personally,I Have Used 15-17t Clutch Bell And 36,38,40t Spur Gear.The 40t Nicked MY Stock Filter,I Currently Run 17-36T And MotorSaver Filter.No Issues.Picco.26JL Modded(I Know It"s Technically A Midblock)053 Tuned Pipe.(Can only imagine what it would be like with an ERCM Pipe!)For Wheels And Tires I went with Pro-Line Desperado Wheels And Trencher Tires.Great For Bashing.Pics Pretty Much Tell The Rest.And Yes,She Gets Used.As Does All My Rigs.Pros=All The Raw Power You Want.Cons= Price,And If You Do Not Set Your Slipper Clutch You Will Be Shredding Stock Shaft Pins And Trans Gears.That Was The Only Problem I Ran Into.So Through Trial And Error,I Fixed That And Have It Set Just At The Snapping Point At Max Power.I have Since Lowwered The Truck And She Plants All The Power Down And Handles Great....

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 1,404
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 790
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 507
  • 133.jpg
    133.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 515
  • 125.jpg
    125.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 713
Last edited:
Here's my revo and my big block... just waiting on parts to put it together. Hopefully everything will be here by Friday... I need to move the trans forward to align the clutch bell with the spur. Going to make a roll cage for the motor. It sticks up higher than the body.
2012-12-13_00-27-31_825.gif

Got the mount got motor in. I have to move the transmission forward.
2012-12-15_19-57-31_711.jpg

2012-12-15_23-13-13_3.jpg

2012-12-15_23-12-37_191.jpg

Made a roll bar to protect the head...
2012-12-18_01-40-59_346.jpg

Got...
LRP Z.28 S3
Losi 8ight 2.0 4 shoe clutch
New Era big block motor mount
3.3 chassis
Robinson Racing steel wide ratio gears
Slayer pro receiver and battery box
SportWerks 053 side exhaust pipe
RPM a arms
E-Revo diff cups
TRX aluminum pushrods and turnbuckles
GTR Teflon coated shocks with TiN coated shafts
Robinson Racing steel slipper spur
18 tooth clutch bell

Still need to get...

Steel center shafts
Steel drive shafts or I may go with Summit drive shafts
Two high torque servos
Different tires and rims
Tekno hi capacity tank kit
Better transmitter and receiver

I think that's it...

Last edited:
PB150238.jpg

PB150232.jpg

Revo 3.3 chassis
Picco .28 turbo bump start engine
Efra side pipe
Motosaver filter
Losi 8eight 4 shoe alloy clutch
RR slipper conversion
RR full metal trans with custom made 8740 steel main shaft
Steel driveshafts
Erevo diffs with billet diff cups
Steel CV axles
RPM true track rear, RPM arms & carriers front - all carriers have steel rings pressed on to the pillow ball cups to stop them popping out
RPM bumpers
TRX alloy pushrods & drag links
Alloy single servo steering arm, powerHD digital high torque steering servo
GTR shocks, purple & blue springs
TRX sway bar kit
P2 rockers
TRX wing mount, NFI wing
Custom made cro-mo roll cage
TRX wheelie bar
Custom made roller bearing alloy throttle linkage, high torque throttle/brake servo
Tekno RX box/tank conversion with hyper 1/7 250cc tank
Badlands on geode wheels

Got some integy bead lock 40 series wheels with 23mm hubs coming, already have 23mm hubs & GRP tyres.

@tk,dude I bet you shred alot of tires,as will @ausher.....All killer rigs guys.Keep'em coming!!

Last edited by a moderator:
i like the side exhaust

---------- Post added at 3:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 3:49 PM ----------

[u
044.gif
rl] http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z479/wisconsinbasher/phonepics1560.jpg[/url]
phonepics1573.gif

Last edited:
@tk,dude I bet you shred alot of tires,as will @ausher.....All killer rigs guys.Keep'em coming!!

Yeah :(.
That's why I'm going to the beadlocks, so I can have a couple of spare tyres & just change them over without boiling off the old ones & glueing on new ones or throwing away the rim with the stuffed tyre. A few more $$ up front, but will work out cheaper in the long run & less stuffing around, I'll just be able to change a tyre when I kill one.

One of the badlands in the pic is all torn up from ballooning on tarmack, another is on it's way out & I have to reglue them all the time when I blow them off the rims.

I plan on going with beadlocks too. I ordered my exhaust from power_hobby from ebay on the 8th and I messaged them and they said they will send out another one tomorrow if it isn't here... ticking me off its all I need to fire it up.... was suppose to be here on the 13th....

my old girl with a axial 32 i will have to get some more current pictures

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

yeah,set of beadlocks and tape the inside of the tire with gorilla tape.Nice rig king @ausher I have an LRP.28 SPEC3 with the full mod in my HPI TROPHY TRUGGY.It screams.

Last edited by a moderator:
How it looked almost a year ago. Very similar to current:
2012-0115-RevoBodyOffLRP28.jpg

2012-0108-RevoTopBodyOff.jpg

Notable upgrades for bb use:
LRP28S3
NewEra leaner BB kit
RRP Steel trans (standard ratio)
1/8 clutch bell/flywheel/shoes
3.3 chassis

Stock diffs and center/outer axles.

Last edited:
finally got the exhaust!
2012-12-22_23-50-59_263.gif

breaking it in tomorrow.

Hacked up the body to make it fit over everything

DSCN1175-1.jpg

waiting on the RR steel gears so hopefully the stock gears hold up till then.

Last edited:
I think I lost 2nd gear already. Was shifting in 2nd at 1/4 throttle. Now it won't shift at all. The slick roads are prolonging my transmissions death. My gears are 100 miles away. Hopefully here tomorrow.

Slipper was way loose. I put an o ring between the washers...

Last edited:
Hey guys thought I would share some info for the guys running the LRP.28.I run that engine in my HPI TROPHY TRUGGY and I just installed a JP-2 (086) pipe and noticed a big boost in power.Mid and crazy top end.

I've gotten 6 tanks of break in so far. Weather permitting, I'll get her tuned next week.

D3C23B20-3874-4567-B96A-FB0E47EBF243-2826-0000070EBCBC81DE.jpg

Last edited:
i didnt start really tuning till after 1gallon. I'm now closer to 2 gallons and I'm now going for 90% power tune which still halls ass

Nice Revo sv250.Is that a ERCM pipe?

Back