Show Body... fiberglass?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MonstrousMikey

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
was thinking of a show body project. head lights. little subwoofer system.. tail lights. probably on a pickup body for my xl. so its sturdy and easier to mount components onto does anyone know any way to make it stiff? was thinking just fiberglass the inside. paint the outside and put a gloss overcoat.

if you're willing to start fooling around with fiberglass you can just use the body as your mold and just lay the glass on top or inside to make a completely fiberglass body. definitely make it sturdy...itll just take a little longer to finish off the body to prep for paint but might just be worth while

yeah see your right it would take alot of work preparing a thin layer of fiberglass for paint. sanding it down would be very tedious trying not to crack it.. probably be worth while though

definitely worth while, not to mention you can customize the hell out of the body easily with glass. as far as paint goes if you have a few extra bucks laying around you could have a body shop do the paint and throw a clear coat on it :-D

I'm about to go pick her up now. I'm going to buy an extra body prob. a pickup body or something depending on my LHS selection. and keep the factory body for bashing. then two weeks from now ill get the glass supplies and get started. i have a friend whos a tattoo artist and agreed to help me design. then i have an art teacher friend who said she'd paint it for me. eddie i see your from huntington? nice to know there is some rc going on on LI I'm from the farmingdale area. u know of any local bash sites?

Why not just use an abs plastic or styrene hardbody. Get a body from a newbright rc, or Tamiya and start with that. You can pretty much mod them any way you see fit.

yeah alright thats what i was wondering. if plastic bodies existed. yeah that would be alot easier and probably work alot better too. alright I'm on their site now. thanks for the tip.

Back