Shock upgrade time

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mtbmatty

RCTalk Talkaholic
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Flying
The stock shocks on my Capra rtr have been leaking, was thinking about the yeah racing desert lizard as an upgrade. I like the idea of being able to run a little droop.

Anyone running these? Any other suggestions??

HR internals check them out

All I know is every YR part I have ever bought has been garbage. Including two sets of their shocks with the pivot balls locked in them, suspension "upgrades" for a TT02, and a couple driveshafts that were made of cooked spaghetti. And when I tried to get ahold of them for replacements for the shocks... crickets. I am sure they have some nice stuff, but I have never gotten anything nice from them.

All I know is every YR part I have ever bought has been garbage. Including two sets of their shocks with the pivot balls locked in them, suspension "upgrades" for a TT02, and a couple driveshafts that were made of cooked spaghetti. And when I tried to get ahold of them for replacements for the shocks... crickets. I am sure they have some nice stuff, but I have never gotten anything nice from them.
Sorry to hear. I have the radio stering wheel (aluminum), scale boxes, bungees, and bolt down hooks. Seem to be decent.

I was eyeballing some of the aluminum parts, but unsure now.

The HR shocks seem similar to the yeah racing ones.

Open to alternative options also…

Desert Lizards have many many ways to configure them plus changing shock oils gives you endless tweaking. Best shocks for the $ imo.

Sorry to hear. I have the radio stering wheel (aluminum), scale boxes, bungees, and bolt down hooks. Seem to be decent.

I was eyeballing some of the aluminum parts, but unsure now.
Sorry, I somehow missed this.

The problem with the aluminum parts I have bought from them is the tolerances. Threaded holes are sloppy, bearing journals are sloppy, and features that are supposed to mate into other features are sloppy. It's like they are scared to hold a tight tolerance on parts, so they just aim for a loose fit instead. Which is kinda silly, because I machined aluminum parts every day, sometimes holding a +/- .0001" tolerance all day long without having to make any tool offsets. And YR doesn't even seem to get within +/- .002" on anything I have. Maybe I just got unlucky.

I saw they (YR) had some issues early on with leaking shocks. Reviews seem pretty high now. Not sure which direction I’m going

I saw they (YR) had some issues early on with leaking shocks. Reviews seem pretty high now. Not sure which direction I’m going
My Yeah racing shocks have been sitting in a drawer. They haven't leaked, but I can't use them because the pivot balls are seized on 3 of the 4 shocks. They are nice looking shocks, but I have tried everything to free the pivot balls up, and just got frustrated and threw them in a drawer. I ended up filing a PayPal claim on them and got my money back after they failed to respond.

TRX4 has good shocks, if you can find some at Jennys RC that would be a good solution and probably cheap too.

Dlux Fab Dravtech shocks. 👌 I was skeptical, but holy smokes talk about buttery smooth. Do yourself a favor and watch the how-to before trying to assemble them.