Shock upgrade for Tmaxx 2.5?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jb1974

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Thanks for all the answers to my tmaxx waterproofing questions, now I need some advice about shock upgrades.
I like jumping my Tmaxx over curbs and dirt piles, I know the curbs can't be to friendly to the truck, the hits sounds hard anyways. I was thinking about upgrading the shocks but there are a thousand different ones to choose from.
Anyone have ideas and/or links?

Traxxas big bores are about the best way to go. Most of the shocks on ebay are junk.

Traxxas big bore are good and the best I have ever seen purpose made for the T-Maxx were the Pro-line Powerstrokes. They were amazing shocks. But for the money can't beat the Big Bores.

The only issue with the big bores are the springs that come with them are super soft. You can get alternate springs, but keep it in mind when your ordering to get them when you order.

They are some of the best t-maxx shocks out there.

Thanks for the advice, I'll give the traxxas big bore shocks a try.

They are a tad shorter than stock for some reason so mind the ride height. I love em tho.

Back