shock towers?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While i havent used those shocktowers I did order quite a bit from RCDamper when I rebuilt my MT1. The quality was good and I havent had any issues to speak of yet with anything I got from them

I would go with RPM shock towers is my personal pick.

I know RPM is good stuff ( I use the front arms and the true track) but I'm a little uneasy about only having a single upper shock mounting position.

I know RPM is good stuff ( I use the front arms and the true track) but I'm a little uneasy about only having a single upper shock mounting position.

Your point noted but my issue with the towers you want to bolt on are ALUM. If you take a good rollover & land the right way " SNAP or BEND " there goes your tower's... ME I sware buy my RPM shock towers & never broke one yet.

I'm running a full roll cage so it would difficult (but not impossible) for a flip or rollover to hit the shock towers. The roll cage mounts to the bulkheads. Also I plan on using plastic body mounts, thus making a "breaking" point.

I personally don't like rpm shock towers, they flex to much. I do use rpm a arms and bumper mounts but not shock towers, if you want a very good set of towers look at FLM products, you can find them used sometimes on eBay.

While i havent used those shocktowers I did order quite a bit from RCDamper when I rebuilt my MT1. The quality was good and I havent had any issues to speak of yet with anything I got from them

plus one on RCDamper!!!! i got my alum skids, and a few other parts from this seller! i was very pleased in the shipping time from Hong Kong to the states. i got my order in 8 days !

Thanks for the feedback. I have a set of the blue ones on order. It's just a waiting game now. Those towers with some Traxxas big bores should help with some of the bumps and jumps. ;)

The bigbores are a great shock but i have actually had better luck with durability with the Associated FT shocks for the MGT. They take a huge beating and come back for more

UE super shocks FTW...

As far as RC damper aluminum products for a TMaxx...(cough/cough/cough) you could have done much better at relatively the same price.

Back