Shock Options

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godale03

Awesomer!! Than Rolex!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey Guys,

I am looking to replace a set of crappy Integy piggy back shocks. I would like to replace the 8 shock setup with a 4 shock setup. Any suggestions? Thanks Guys.

Tom

you could use 4 big bores and go for different springs there is a thing on the traxxas site in the pit pass section, also I believe some people have used ofna lx1 rear shocks

To run the buggy rears you need new towers, UE/FLM or make your own.
Then you need to either eBay some shocks or buy the UE supershock kit.
If you eBay them them you need stiffer springs as well as the buggy springs aren't up to the task of holding up your maxx.
You also need the shock standoffs.

The cheapest I've seen the 12mm bore Ofna shocks is below.
http://www.rcdeal.com/modules/stores/storeitem.php?item=14269

To use the rears you have to use a taller shock tower.
You can use the front shocks which are the same overall length as the stock shock, but they have less travel then the stock shocks do.

I am running a 4 shock setup of Ofna LX2 buggy rear shocks all the way around on a BB maxx rig. I bought the heaviest spring rate they make and they are great on my rig plus there very affordable setup compared to the UE shocks. You will still need the FLM towers or the UE tower's though.

Attachments

• DSCN1946.JPG
    DSCN1946.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 168
  • DSCN1941.JPG
    DSCN1941.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 161
I did see a pic of a 1/10 monster truck with G-made piggyback XD shocks on the g-made website, it almost looked like maxx or something along those lines