Severe push. Please help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lunatic Racing

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
My Hyper 7 PBS pushes real bad going into a turn. My set up is as follows:
Diffs= (F,C,R) 4000,4000,2000. Center diff is a Spider and others are stock. Front shocks are 50wt. and rear is 37.5wt.
camber is set at 2 degrees on front and rear, 2 degrees toe out on front and 3 degrees toe in on the rear. I have the caster clips behind the front arms.
The car just doesn't want to turn when it has any kind of speed to it. If I am barely crawling it turns pretty good. I was told that my rear wing is a high down force Proline wing. Could this be my problem???? I was wondering if the wing is putting too much down force on the rear and making the front end lift and not get enough traction. My tires are Panther switch med/soft and the track is small, tight, some jumps, clay with pretty descent traction. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Just a couple shots in the dark here from a rookie racer. First thing I would do is check your linkages and make sure that nothing is binding and that you are getting enough steering. Also check your Rx battery. Aside from that I'd try getting rid of some of that toe-in at the rear. Maybe drop it down to 1.5?

What position are you on the ackerman? What is your front kick-up? I don't know if those are adjustable on a Hyper 7 or not, I'm just going from experience. Droop settings as well as shock positions will help too, post your entire setup

Back