Setting Endpoints

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trxnitrosport

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hello all,

I just recently purchased a DX 2.0 system for my X-term and am in need of help figuring out how to set the endpoints. I've already blown to throttle/brake servos and want to prevent this. Can you guys please help?

Thanks in advance!:help:

Remove the horn and have the battery powered on. Make sure your trims are set to 0. With the linkage connected to the carb,make sure the carb is closed to what is your idle setting. While holding that there, install the horn on the servo. If it does not slip right on, use subtrim to make minor adjustments to neutral. Now with the horn installed but not screwed in, pull full throttle and look into the carb. If the carb is opening completely, and while pulling the trigger, adjust your high side end point down until you just barely see the sleeve inside the carb barrel. Work the throttle a couple times and make sure it goes to full open when you pull. Once set, now you work your brake end point. While holding the trigger to brake, slowly adjust the end point down to the point where it just barely engages the brakes, then bump it back up a point or two. Work them back and forth a couple times and make sure it's all good and happy and tighten it down.

Hope it was clear as mud! Somethings take so much to type and you lose somethings in translation from how to to telling how to. It's not as hard as I made it sound. Hope it helps anyway.

Hope it was clear as mud! Somethings take so much to type and you lose somethings in translation from how to to telling how to. It's not as hard as I made it sound. Hope it helps anyway.

Nicely explained Jet!

Mr T

Ok I adjusted the throttle one and this is what I got out of it. LF is set to 80 and the RB is set to 80. My sub is set to RB 11. Does that sound about right? Should the servo stop buzzing completely? It has a slight buzz but nothing really bad.

Really no way to say, based off the settings if it's correct.

What servo is it (brand, model #)? Digital servos tend to buzz as they are constantly centering themselves.

Mr T

Right now I'm using the stock spektrum Z270 for the throttle and am using a Cirrus P-CS704MG for steering (Stock XTM steering servo) am waiting to possibly upgrade money willing that is.

That's a monster truck right? That could be your problem f you've been burning up 270's. As for the settings it varies so much from radio to servo to vehicle. My buggy is like 54 and 27, my truggy is different, like 62 and 34. I use digi servo's on both and they are always squeeling. If yours is buzzing at neutral see if bumping the trim a unit or two will silence it up, it's probably just a slight force being exerted one way or the other and not much to worry about though. In you quest to upgrade though, remember that with a throttle servo you want a fair amount of torque as well as the speed and be willing to sacrifice speed for torque in a monster truck or off-road application. Now I think I got you totally confused, eh? LOL

No actually this one is on my new buggy. I'm still using the stock radio on my ST until I can come up with another 80 bucks for the receiver. Drove it a little last night and things seemed to be fine. Thanks again for all your help.

No problem, 1/8th scale would be the same theory on throttle/brake servo's too though.

I know this is an older thread, but I just installed an HS645MG onto my x-terminator buggy, and I can't get it to ever completely stop buzzing. I can make it stop by messing with the trim, but next time I turn the wheels, it starts again.
Is this normal?
btw, it's got the stock Hitec Aggressor radio. I've been looking into an MX-3S so I can run possbly a mammoth ST or perhaps another monster truck with reverse..
Thanks in advance! :breakdown

Servo's will buzz and chatter all the time. If you have the buggy up off the ground and turn and center does it still buzz. Chances are the buzz is coming from the resistance of the tires not allowing the center to completely recenter itself with weight.

I know it's been a while since I've posted on this. But unfortunately none of this seemed to work. I even took the car and everything to my LHS and they tested and said it was fine. SOOOOO! I take the car to the track that weekend and the servo held up for a while. After about an hour on the track, BOOM! no more throttle servo. Now this is bad but I've been using a crappy traxxas 2018 servo since then and haven't had a single problem since. But it's soooo sloooow! Still need help, apparently my LHS still doesn't know anything.