Servos????? (Pulling my hair out deciding)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the same radio and they will plug right in! Looking at the rcvr you will plug the servo connectors in so the wires will be from left to right (Blue, Red, Black)

fr888 said:
Don't buy the HiTec 645, my new 645 just stop making any responsive and becoming low-torque after 1 hour of buggy usage :boxing:

IF its not up to par then contact them and hitec will make it right and send you a new one..don't bash a company intill you have tryed to resolve the problem with them..aA good friend of mine bought a 645mg from our local LHS and the next day it went out. he called HITEC and they sent him a new one out that day no questions asked..w/ a return shipping lable...

this seems to be the response to hitecs service dept from everyone I've talked to as well. i just sent in a $100 digi this past thurs, so we'll see how fast they get it back to me. when i called they said "just send it in, we'll take care of you" didnt even ask for proof of purchase (which would have been a pita, i bought it at cost from a local shop a friend works at)

jon2 said:
Are you using ALkalines or a 6V Rx pack. My Maxx has the 645 and dang its has torque to turn for days. I thought that my servo was near dead but noticed that my Pillow balls were gummed up since I spray it down with DA after each run. I learned that my cleaning skills were not as cool as I thought. After cleaning out the dirt in the steering knuckles, it turned freely.

check for binding first and check your batteries. You may be just be having a voltage issue.

Jon :cheers:

Thanks man for the advice

I've tried to pull off the 645 after the last post, here my observations:

- my pillow balls became more tighened so it's harder to make turns, have to relax a bit

- however the 645 has become slow with noticeably delay about 1/4 to 1/3 of a second w/o loading, i've compared it against the Futaba 9351 which is about twice as fast to my observation

So now I've put the 645 as throttle until I've fixed it... I don't think there's HiTec office in my location (does their web site has worldwide office addresses?) or even so the service would not be as good as in the States...

Forgot to mention I'm using 6V receiver pack... :smoke:

just thought i would update this. i got my servo back and they actually sent me a new one for replacement. total turnaround was about 2 weeks exactly, and zero hassle. hitec's service dept gets a thumbs up from me.

geez corado that musta been stressfull

Back