Servo Twitching

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mtbmatty

RCTalk Talkaholic
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Flying
Is my servo fried??

my front steering servo started twitching on its own. It’s a Spektrum S614 and This is on an axial Capra. when under load it would start to rapidly twitch, kind like it was vibrating. It stops when you pick it up, or steer to the right.

I haven’t checked for loose connections or damaged wires.

Just wondering if this is typical of a dying servo, or if i should be looking at anything in particular.

I did a brief google search and found: it could be trying to re center itself, or that something internal is jacked up, or there is possibly interference with the radio…

Try taking off the connection from the servo to the steering arm or whatever you have then turn on the car like you said it may be trying to re center itself and if it’s still twitching it’s probably dying

Bought this as an RTR so it is running THIS combo esc/receiver. It does have an integrated bec, not sure how I could check it independently….
If The wire and connections look good, I was planning to switch the front servos connector to the rear and the rear to the front And See if the problem is still there.
I can try to disconnect the horn from the servo, not sure if this will work because it would stop doing it when I pick the car up

I ended up replacing the front servo as well as the speed controller. Replaced the servo out of necessity and the speed controller cause I wanted to. Went with the Hobbywing 1080, and very happy with it. Low speed and drag brake have improved greatly. Still get some rollback on steeper incline, assuming a better motor (with better magnets) would help fix. Looking at the HH crawlmaster expert

Back