Servo mounting

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alien13

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Anybody ever see a Savage with the throttle servo mounted on the outside of the tvps?

Nope. Only seen custom things done to move the servo back by the engine and the tank up in the receiver box.

mounting the servo on the outside of the TVP's sounds like a great way to destroy a servo.

Just curiosity. I always have ideas running through my head.

Oh, okay. You can mount a servo outside of the chassis but you would need FLM servo
mounts and drill and 3mm(?) tap.

I was actually thinking of making the mounts, and I have the drill and taps already. Though I was also considering nut/bolt instead.

Main thing I was looking for was if there would be any problems because of it. But if I make a guard, I should be ok.

Any info on a tank that will fit snug between the tvps?

There are afew that many people are using.

Ofna 250cc
Hellfire tank
Hotbodies d8(t) tank
Mugen mbx5t tank
AE mgt tank

You don't have to put the throttle servo on the outside of the tvp. Most relocate the t/b servo in place of the stock tank. Steering servo drops down and the spline is on top.

I could show you pics of my setup if you want.

There are afew that many people are using.

Ofna 250cc
Hellfire tank
Hotbodies d8(t) tank
Mugen mbx5t tank
AE mgt tank

You don't have to put the throttle servo on the outside of the tvp. Most relocate the t/b servo in place of the stock tank. Steering servo drops down and the spline is on top.

I could show you pics of my setup if you want.

Yea, gimme some pics. I was just looking at it, thinking of what I could do, never really took into consideration what others had done.

Problem I have, is I look at something and start thinking about how it could be better, and I want to make everything, but I don't have the equipment to do so.

Here ya are.

t/b
DSC00132.jpg

steering
DSC00134.jpg

tank
DSC00133.jpg

That's the Team Associated MGT tank. I hate it though.

It's by far not a good setup, it has a filter like most tanks but than the filter is connected to piece of fuel line which goes to the fuel nipple on the inside of the tank.

I would go with the ofna tank, if you wanted longer run times, but if you don't mind filling up more often go with the hotbodies tank or the mugen tank. Both allow you to put your receiver box on you tank plate versus on the tvp where it is not safe...(as I demonstrated in my picture.)

I know this is totally off topic but what kind of linkage is that for your throttle. I have been looking for a replacement for my stock one on my 4.6 rtr.

I know this is totally off topic but what kind of linkage is that for your throttle. I have been looking for a replacement for my stock one on my 4.6 rtr.

It's ofna linkage. Check ebay, it goes for about $5 and shipping.