servo and receiver questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoopdoggy

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
I am looking to replace my servo/receiver/transmitter setup and I am wondering if they are all interchangeable or if it matters which ones I get.

RIP Rolex,
he answered many of my questions whenever I needed them in a polite and funny way.

so .. servos have a wide range of sizes and strength (torque ) speeds along with control angle or rotation.. size will matter along with speed..some radios have different modes aka.speed of there own servos..findout what size speed sweep..and maybe go a bit higher in specs...

so your gonna need a steering servo ad a throttle servo.. 1 that will handle the speed and power of a nitro and weight of truck turning... and a 1/10 scale servo to open nitro carb.. a slower less torque servo will work...
go to servo city and find your stock servos specs..then go to amazon and find 1s that are in the spec range your stock 1s have..Not doing the work 4 u ..

How would this servo work for steering it seems to have high torque and be fast. sorry I am so clueless. Also this servo looks good for throttle because it is smaller and cheaper, but I'm not sure if it could handle the braking as it is in on the same servo as the throttle. What are your thoughts?

I am more of the buy once, cry once type. Keep in mind that if the throttle servo fails, you could potentially have a runaway truck to deal with. Life will be easier if you find something with the same spline that way you can re use your existing horns and linkages. I prefer metal gears as they hold up better under impact, and decent torque because as you pointed out the throttle servo also works your brakes. I also prefer Savox brand as I can get them locally, and I haven't had one fail that wasn't my fault.

Like TNTproof said, find your original specifications and find something better. Depending on what you had stock, you may be able to find some used take offs from a different/better model as a budget option.