Serpent Spyder SRX2.... anyone familiar?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StevenMax

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
I have a Serpent Spyder srx2 mm and I am having trouble finding any other wheels than stock to fit. The issue is the front axles have hex nuts only 2mm thick, most wheels come with 4-5mm of depth on their rims so basically it fits the car but when tightened the wheels hit the hub and stops it from spinning. I ran two rims before a friends lathe to trim them dow it worked great but I’d rather not have to. I was wondering if anyone else has this car and maybe found other slightly longer front axles to fit most wheels without any issues.

Also. This car has a 3000kv motor, I want to bump it up just a little bit, nothing crazy. I was told the car can handle 3s but it’s vwrh hard on the drivetrain. So I’ll be sticking with a 2s battery. Maybe something like a 3500kv? Don’t wanna change the stock ESC

not sure you will find what your looking for...I checked all my 2wd buggies and none have a offset that will get a different than original rims to fit. might have to bit the bullet and have a machine shop make you a set that you can use other rims on..

The main issue is the axle itself is so short that even with other wheels, you can’t get the axle nut on. So it’s ether change the axles or modify the rims. Maybe I should just take the car there with the axle out and be see what i can make fit. All it has to do is for the bearings and that’s all that should really matter since it’s a 2wd it’s just holding the wheel on. Yes that would widen the stance of the front but it’s wayyyyy easier to put something on the rear axles to even it out since the rear is standard depth. This is localized to the front only.

Back