Senton punch/lag

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burnyjax

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys good morning.. ok I got a senton 3s blx v3. I'm just getting back into rc after a 20 yr hiatus and have a couple questions. I know how to set the punch but when I adjust it via the instructions I still have that lag before it really kicks in. I'm wondering if anyone has any good videos on adjusting the punch variable for this exact truck? I'm familiar with a slipper clutch as well but it doesn't seem like that's the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated and yes I've rtfm ;)
Have a great day,
B

It's something with the ESC. I have the same problem with my Granite BLX V3 even after turning the punch all the way up, the lag is still there (a little less, but still very noticeable). Unless you change the ESC, I don't think the lag will go away.

I would think its a safety factor so you dont do any drive train issues...like honda said change esc is only fix

Not sure if it's the ESC but more so the transmitter and also the fact it's not a sensered motor. Sensorless motors will almost always have a delay and cog unfortunately as there is no sensor to tell the motor which magnet is closest to start turning from. Also the transmitter, I'm assuming SLT3, has some lag as well that's why I switched mine to the DumboRC X6F for my bashing rigs and RC6GS V2 for my speed rig which helped but again not being sensered there is still some delay regardless.

That may be the case, but I have swapped the transmitter and receiver on my Granite for the FS GT5 that I use on my TRX-4 and Slash 4x4, and the lag is still there. I have also run my Slash 4x4 on the SLT3 with no lag, so even if the transmitter makes a difference, there isn't a big difference. As for sensorless or not, the Castle SW4, and Traxxas VXL6s both sensorless do not have a lag, so it's probably only specific to the BLX100.

Back