Senton mega upgrade

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skywalker72

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Senton mega being upgraded to brushless and suspension upgraded with aluminum parts, also runing 2s lipo and different gearing.

Nice, I don't recommend using aluminum arms if you will be running it off-road or jumping it. They bend and break other parts easily.

Nice, I don't recommend using aluminum arms if you will be running it off-road or jumping it. They bend and break other parts easily.
All the original plastic broke, so i am hoping that the aluminum holds up.
break other parts easily.

RPM arms are way stronger than aluminum arms as they flex then bounce straight back, you will end up breaking more things with aluminum arms. Aluminum arms also add a ton of extra and unnecessary weight to it. Front RPM, rear RPM. Aluminum should only be used in steering components such as a bellcrank or caster block. Unless it's an onroad car which aluminum will be fine as it's not going to be jumping off of ramps.

Replace the arms with RPM. Arms are definitely a week point on RC cars, but they are cheap to replace. Unless you go with aluminum. Then they are expensive to replace.

Aluminum arms will only make things worse. They will either transfer the energy to the bulkheads and snap the hinge pin joint (which usually require a lot of expensive bits and a bunch of work to replace), or they will bend and be irreparable, or both. Aluminum arms are only good for shelf queens or cars with bodies protecting the wheels from impact. But even with a body protecting them, bad things happen.

Just about everyone here will tell you the same thing.

Back