scx24 tires - mudslingers 1 : proline hyrax 0

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cimh

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Crawling
I love the mudslingers on my scx24 deadbolt - they are great for crawling. However I recently looked at some youtube videos that said how amazing the hyrax's were so I bought a set. Sadly they are nowhere near as good as the 'slingers. I thought this would be worth posting in case others were thinking of doing the same.

I'm sure it depends on your set up and terrain but for me the Hyrax's are far inferior to the 'slingers. I crawl over rocks, split wood and earth. The hyrax's are unable to scale the large jumps in height that the 'slingers climb easily, they also seem to lack traction on some surfaces. The hyrax's come with a very lightweight plastic beadlock so the tire and the wheel weigh just 10g. But even after adding weights to make them up to 23g (close to my 'slingers) I could not see any significant improvement.

Maybe they work better on other models. They are certainly more to scale and do not require cutting the body and on different terrain they may be great.

I agree, the Mud Slingers are tough to beat.

Back