screw stuck in engine head & button head?????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revo Boy

aka: gunit
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hi, can anybody help me, i snapped my allen key ( hex wrench ) in my engine head and i can't get the last screw out coz the little bit of allen key is in it. i was planning on using a dremmel or a junior hack saw and cut between the bottom of the head and the engine casing and cut the screw that way. any suggestions????????????

cheers gunit

I wouldn't take a saw to it, maybe you could get the wrench out with a magnet or a pair of pliers. If you cut the bolt you might damage the head or the block and that wouldn't be a good thing!

wow your not the only one that had this problem. I had the same thing happen to me when trying to take my head off, the tip of my allen key broke off and was stuck in the hole of the screw. I tried everything to get it out even a magnet and it still didn't work. I finally had to drill out the head of the head of the screw until the cylinder head popped off. Once it popped off, I had to take a pair of pliers to back out the rest of the screw that was still stuck.
You could try and cut it out like you said by using a cut off wheel on a dremmel. But then you would still need pliers to back out the rest of the screw that is still stuck like I did.
BTY....I did end up chipping part of my engine around the stuck screw during the process.....so be carefull.
Good Luck!!!

Here hes what i do for problems like that .....Go to your local parts store or sears and get a set of drill extractors........What you do is drill a small hole in the center of the blot or what ever stick the drill extractor in your cordless drill(if you got one) and put the tip in the little hole you drilled and put the drill on reverse and extract the screw....And wala you have an extraceted screw

I don't know what you can do... has anyone tried drilling an allen wrench? That's some hard steel. I want to say it's really the only way to try to salvage the engine. If you cut what your going to cut, your not going to have enough left to get the remainder of the bolt out of the engine block. By drilling it, you leave the nub there that you can get a hold of with pliers to take it out.

They make Easy-Outs for stuff like this. Go hit up your local hardware store and get a set of them and then take a small one, I mean really small, and you should be able to get the screw out with it. You might need to find some way of extending it though cause the head is pretty deep.

Gunits Follow Up!!!!!!

well guys i've managed to get the screw out of my head. but damaged the engine casing ( pics inc ) why i did this i'll tell you----I'm very very inpaitent, so i decided to take a look at it after work. instead of waiting till the morning. so i decided to pull the screw out with my hands. which means one hand with the engine casing and one with the head. oh yeah i gave it a bit of a twist aswell. I'm so so impaitent. SHORTY will tell you. the £ $ i have wasted coz I'm so impaitent. well check the pics and i have my nova head on it now. hope it breaks in ok. do you think that little bit of fin will cause any heat probs??????????????

cheers

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/gallery/data/500/470335-med.JPG

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=6330&sort=1&size=medium&cat=500

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=6329&sort=1&size=medium&cat=500

It shouldn't. The only thing you could see problems with is if you bent/marred the head or crankcase where it seals together.

thats not as bad as my 2.5 i actually broke the head off the screw the some got in the piston and sleeve and it was ruined ended up buying a sirio tx18 thing really rips

gunit said:
do you think that little bit of fin will cause any heat probs?

yeah I am very impatient when it came for me to take out my broken allen wrench stuck in the screw head. Results ended up like yours and I have had no problems with sealing or engine temps.

DSCN0692.gif

I told u to wait till i could do it lmfao @gunit u know what ill say when u ring next talk laterz m8

Back