Screw stuck in crank

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fstnd

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Just drowned my "new" CEN NT16 engine in wd40. Everything was going fine, engine has a lot of compression, basically new, but now, I put in the clutchbell and the screw that holds it, but with loctite. That loctite probably created some sort of pressure when I screwed in this screw, because there's no other way it can flow, and it locked itself together with the screw. Screw head stripped, tried turning it with a monkey wrench and the screw head fell off. Please help😒
1000013239.jpg

Use a lighter, heat up the screw threads, use needle nose pliers. Or drill a small hole down the middle and use a stripped screw removal kit.

Lucky for you that's a pilot nut and not an SG-style 1-piece crankshaft.

HSP part #02065 should be an exact match. They're widely available, cheapest on AliExpress. You'll need an 8mm deep-well hex to unscrew that, a flywheel wrench will make the process much easier. You'll need to remove that e-clip and the clutch shoes, and then replace this part:
1079410294365008158.jpg

Last edited:
Lucky for you that's a pilot nut and not an SG-style 1-piece crankshaft.

HSP part #02065 should be an exact match. They're widely available, cheapest on AliExpress. You'll need an 8mm deep-well hex to unscrew that, a flywheel wrench will make the process much easier. You'll need to remove that e-clip and the clutch shoes, and then replace this part:
View attachment 169963
Thanks very much. I actually went to my hobbyshop, they did their best and fixed it for me, but... I could've indeed simply just replaced this part. Some time ago I ordered 3 HSP clutch sets, so I had one of these #02065's laying around anyway... Happy everything worked out anyway👍 And I just finished repairing 2 of my older nitro's

Sorry for late reply

Back