Screw keeps falling out

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fstnd

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hello, this screw keeps falling out
20230416_182100.jpg
i already screwed in this screw three times, and it always somehow fell off. would locktite help? I already ordered the blue version, not sure if that'll be enough. Should i already get the red version too? Edit: shipping is slow for loctites so i want to know already🤷🏻‍♂️

And btw, before this happened the first time, i managed to get something out of it, i'll soon post the video on "so who burned some nitro today?". It's a pretty unknown vintage nitro, with a strange "alps" ABC engine😂 today was the first time i really drove it, so far the engine performed really nice with high rpm (i was at 50% throttle)

Loctite blue. Red loctite is more of for a permanent fix. I like the liquid versions better as the glue stick kind does not like to get into the threads and makes a white powder when unscrewed.

Or you can try to get a new outdrive and a new screw.

Loctite blue. Red loctite is more of for a permanent fix. I like the liquid versions better as the glue stick kind does not like to get into the threads and makes a white powder when unscrewed.

Or you can try to get a new outdrive and a new screw.
Alright thanks!

replace that so called screw ten b4 adding put on a small drop of locite blue..might want to look in trans and check bearing. along with hub and check drive shaft straightness.
in rc we call that "screw" a Grub screw..

Last edited:
ALWAYS blue loctite on metal to metal!

Could also make a dimple on the flat spot with a drill so the set screw has something to grip onto

Or you could drill it all the way through and put a bolt all the way through it with a lock nut on the other end.

Making sure to have clean threads before you apply the loctite always seems to help. As a precaution I would probably replace the grub screw with a new one especially if you have already reefed on it a few times

Making sure to have clean threads before you apply the loctite always seems to help. As a precaution I would probably replace the grub screw with a new one especially if you have already reefed on it a few times
Thanks. Actually i did figure it out: just blue threadlock. Didn't even need to clean the threads! I had a slightly bigger grubscrew left but it was a little too long🤷🏻‍♂️ anyway, it stopped from falling out!

I use Locktite on anything metal to metal.

Locktite will help Red is stronger but more permanent, blue is for serviceable parts and easy to disassemble. I use red mostly and it will still dissemble.

Back