Scored a new unopened Tlr 04010 Nitro.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Misfits1987

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
So, I acquired an 8ight 3.0 nitro roller from a buddy who races electric. His friend who got out of nitro gave him the car. I was going to get that car going, but I got a really good deal on a Tlr04010 8ight x elite race kit today. I will give my buddy the 3.0 back, I felt guilty taking a free roller the whole time i had the car. So i will slowly start building the 8ight x up over the new coming months. I will be using it for just bashing around the property for now, then start racing the car. I know it's way over kill and not necessary for what I'm doing, but I would rather build up a great car slowly.

Cool deal, gotta do what feels right sometimes.
I felt guilty the whole time I got the free car, sounds stupid but I just did. But I'm excited for the 8ight x elite.! Anyone else running this buggy? If so how do you like it.

In this hobby nothing is free!do what feels right like aclegg did to me.i know he is still around under another name

What did he do to you if you dont mind me asking?

Awesome! Sounds like you're going to have a great buggy!
I hope so.lol. still deciding on a good motor to run. Leaning towards a werks B5 pro2. I have some time to decide before I get a motor yet,so I'm open to suggestions.

Werks, Reds, O.S., Pro-Tek, LRP, Picco all make some good mills. You'd do well with any of those.

I'm not familiar with a lot of different engine models specifically. I'm mainly an electric guy but I have owned (still own) some nitro rigs. All of those brands are reputable brands but I'm afraid you would need someone more experienced in nitros for info on specific models.

If you're not going to be racing and you just want a good engine at a good price then look at the Hobao Hyper .21 engine. Its a lil over $200 bucks but they get pretty good reviews on the web. @cbaker65 owns one and he loves it.

sent him a older spectrum rx and he said he would send me a 10$ he then changed his screenname here and never herd from the dirt bag again. hope cali falls in the ocean

I'm not familiar with a lot of different engine models specifically. I'm mainly an electric guy but I have owned (still own) some nitro rigs. All of those brands are reputable brands but I'm afraid you would need someone more experienced in nitros for info on specific models.

If you're not going to be racing and you just want a good engine at a good price then look at the Hobao Hyper .21 engine. Its a lil over $200 bucks but they get pretty good reviews on the web. @cbaker65 owns one and he loves it.
Cool, I'll have to check them out.

How is the Reds 521 sport?
Engine is phenomenal man. Ran two semi major races with mine, a few track days at my local track, and a few test and tune sessions and mine runs well, tunes well, and has been a really good engine. Have over 30+ tanks on mine in race conditions as said, and the engine hasn’t let me down. Tunes pretty easy as well as they simplified the carb set up. Best engine for 250$ish(with coupons) hands down.

Engine is phenomenal man. Ran two semi major races with mine, a few track days at my local track, and a few test and tune sessions and mine runs well, tunes well, and has been a really good engine. Have over 30+ tanks on mine in race conditions as said, and the engine hasn’t let me down. Tunes pretty easy as well as they simplified the carb set up. Best engine for 250$ish(with coupons) hands down.
Nice, sounds like for the money you can't go wrong. How is the low and mid with that engine?

Nice, sounds like for the money you can't go wrong. How is the low and mid with that engine?
Low and mid is great dude. I have it paired with the Reds 2143 pipe and medium reds header I believe and it rips. Top end is good too, better then the reds r5r 4.0 that I have installed in a losi truggy. Also, the engine gets phenomenal fuel mileage which is important if you choose to eventually race. Run times of over 10 mins on the track, not even fully race tuned to kill or anything. Honestly I run on the rich side and can’t believe how little fuel this thing sips. I like to think of it as modern novarossi p5, similar bore and stroke and all that. Also, this engine shares the crankcase, carb, and connecting rods of the 500$ reds racing engines. Can’t speak highly enough of it. Hope this helps in your engine search.

Low and mid is great dude. I have it paired with the Reds 2143 pipe and medium reds header I believe and it rips. Top end is good too, better then the reds r5r 4.0 that I have installed in a losi truggy. Also, the engine gets phenomenal fuel mileage which is important if you choose to eventually race. Run times of over 10 mins on the track, not even fully race tuned to kill or anything. Honestly I run on the rich side and can’t believe how little fuel this thing sips. I like to think of it as modern novarossi p5, similar bore and stroke and all that. Also, this engine shares the crankcase, carb, and connecting rods of the 500$ reds racing engines. Can’t speak highly enough of it. Hope this helps in your engine search.
Oh wow. Might have made my decision alot easier. can't really beat the price on that.