Schumacher Manic Twin Cylinder

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XTR_Jon

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Heres a few pictures of the Manic I've had for a while

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0709_zps12c9eb20.jpg

IMG_0710_zpsa11d329d.jpg

JMO but it looks kinda ridiculous with the 2nd tank outside of the body.

I can't say I like the tank situation either but otherwise it looks cool. Looks more like a twin engine than a twin cylinder. How does it perform? Do you have any more pics of the other side of the engine?

I'm glad to see your running yours. I run the hell out of my other Schumachers but not this one. Its rare, immaculate condition, and difficult to find replacement parts for so its destined to be a shelf queen.

I'd like to see how you light your glow plugs. I'm using one igniter per glow plug. It works but good it's kind of a hastle charging two igniters.

I run mine all the time, parts are plentifull direct from schumacher. Just last week I had to change the shyncro belt because it had worn and the pistons kept going out of sync. I have the option black dot springs, alloy arms all round, uprated steering servo. The twin tank mod was a temp thing for longer run times but I've removed it now and the shell is now in bits :) so ill order a new one at some point.

To start it i modified a couple of aeroplane gloplug extention leads, spliced them together and run the earth onto a mount screw of the rear engine.

8F6AB26D-A037-4698-A478-AEEAF693B579_zpsizgtgxjn.jpg

Looks more like a twin engine than a twin cylinder. How does it perform? Do you have any more pics of the other side of the engine?

You're right, its twin engine. Two .18 engines fed by a single carb.
I still can't figure out who makes these engines. It's either Thunder Tiger or Picco, I'm guessing Picco..

I just bought one of these brand new with a whole extra motor that's new its ridiculous

Attachments

• _20140914_192241.JPG
    _20140914_192241.JPG
    934.3 KB · Views: 332
I always thought those looks cool and that one looks great too! I'm with the other guys on the position of that second tank though.

Back