Scammer in forum

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racin_38

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
good evening guys,

i have been a member here for about a year now and you guys are great company and i have bought/sold/traded with many of you . i have also been a member in radio control zone
there is a gentleman in that forum ripping ppl off including me ,he only got me for 20 bucks
But is trying to sell a complete RTR savage and other parts reasonbly cheap
like $220 for a RTR savage
his name is Kenneth Clark from elizabethtown ,Ky
he goes by this nickname in RCZ ,E-Maxxxxx
please be aware of this guys business practices if you frequent that forum because he can not be trusted
i am not sure if he is in here by another name i have not seen his post for that same savage but i will keep an eye open .
so take this as you will but please beware of him
thank you and take care
racin
aka:rwarner (rcz)

Last edited by a moderator:
And yet another low life on the scanner
Thanks for the Tip

well, at least we have the 100 post and three month rule here.
good to point out a scammer. Thanks.

radio control zone
how is that site ? never been there....

I can't believe some of the nerve of these dudes. Its kinda sad cuz its almost to the point where I'm more comfortable and feel safer sending a money order. At least that way I have there addresses and can do confirmation and stuff, so then if they do try to stiff me, I know where they live (And chances are I have a friend close enough to them). Like I said before, I can't see how these basterds can sleep at night. Itll all catch up to them in the end though.

4u2nv said:
I can't believe some of the nerve of these dudes. Its kinda sad cuz its almost to the point where I'm more comfortable and feel safer sending a money order. At least that way I have there addresses and can do confirmation and stuff, so then if they do try to stiff me, I know where they live (And chances are I have a friend close enough to them). Like I said before, I can't see how these basterds can sleep at night. Itll all catch up to them in the end though.

Using a US postal money order also makes it Federal Offence if they don't complete there end of the deal.

PS: Thanks fo the tip racin_38

well if you pay via paypal your protected also ,if they have the money in there account to cover the purchase then you will be reimbursed ,but if not then your screwed
but you can also call the local police dept in there area and have them arrested
charges:
internet fraud
theft by deception
been there and done that and got what was coming to me in the end
it just pisses me off to the fact that your right these ppl can do this crap and think they can get away with it ,thye have to be thinking ,oh hell its just 20 dollars here 15 dollar there these ppl arent goingto do nothing but send me a bumch of crappy emails ,
B/S
i will call the police in there area and my local police like i did before and have charges filed against this guy even over 20 bucks
it just isnt right ,

That's even if the police will do anything about it; the police in my area would say "tough luck".

I feel more comfortable actually with amoney order though, just because where I'm from I think if I was to try to do legal action they might not really know where to start on how to do it, and such. And probably just tell me not to do buisness on the net again. But since its a money order and kinda a old school tecnique, Id think theyd know more on how to go about it. But yeah I agree with ya Racin. Someone screwed me over for anything even if it was $20 I'm gonna hit them just as hard as if it was $200. Its just the principle of it.

Paypal sucks! Here's an example

You buy a truck from me and pay with paypal, all good so far right???

Now I send you a picture of the truck instead of the actual truck. You file a complaint with paypal, I send paypal a copy of the delivery confirmation that proves I sent you a package and guess what...Your screwed! Paypal does not cover misrepresentation of a product that you buy! This my friend is from experience. US postal money order protects you from any type of fraud period.

Or you sell some parts to someone. they take reciept of said parts and tell you they never got them cause you did not no any better to not send in regular mail. They screw you by putting in a false claim with paypal and you get money taken out of your paypal account even tough you provided paypal with shipping reciept. Then you talk to the usps and they say no delivery confirmation it's there word against yours and your out 60$. Yes I have learned my lesson

Bill

well if you send them pirority w/delivery conforamtion thjat covers your assola .
there isnt any way for them to say he yi did not receive the said package because they scan your confo when they attach it and whne theperson picks it up at the post offfice ,and if its rural route delivery then the driver leaves a yellow paper stating you have a package to be picked up ,very cheap insurance for 45 cents

SMaxxin said:
Paypal sucks! Here's an example

You buy a truck from me and pay with paypal, all good so far right???

Now I send you a picture of the truck instead of the actual truck. You file a complaint with paypal, I send paypal a copy of the delivery confirmation that proves I sent you a package and guess what...Your screwed! Paypal does not cover misrepresentation of a product that you buy! This my friend is from experience. US postal money order protects you from any type of fraud period.
that my friend is concidered thefy by deception and there most certainly something that can be done especially if you have the add from where he bought it from ,
word of advice ,
1,if you are doing a deal ,email the person then you have proof of the deal,
2,if your PM'ing the person save them til lthe deal is done and all is good
3,try toget the persons fully address and phone #
4,check references
trust me i followed all these things and the guy prooved he was a good person t odeal with and thne wham, he screws me and another guy ,all i can say is if you do not know the guy make sure you ge talot of proof and references and all that crap ,but you can still be ripped off

Mine always get scanned and left in the mail box. As long as it isn't taken out the mailbox by someone else I guess it's good. I had one package out of hundreds that was scanned and delivered but I didn't get it. After a few weeks and complaining to the PO, I came home and it was in the mailbox.

I had a simular incident a couple months ago. Bought an engine off ebay for about $18.50, and the guy claims to have shipped it. Months went by, and nothing ever showed up. The seller barely responded to my emails (took a fraud complaint just to get a response), and the like. If it wasn't for the fact that I paid for it with a postal money order (and reminded him of the fact that it constitutes wire fraud), I doubt I'd ever have gotten the money back...

Lesson learned; because it's cheap doesn't mean you'll get what you pay for.

Back