Sc10???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After seeing it with the body off I, for one, am not impressed with the front end. It looks quite vulnerable to crashes. One of the things we all love about the Slash is that it looks indestructible as well as acts indestructible. Can ANYONE look at that front end (on the SC10) and think, "Yeah, that can slam into the side of a pickup at 30 MPH and come out undamaged"?

I DO hope that 2.4 GHz radio in the video is going to be offered in the RTR...

+1. same way i feel. it just doesn't look very durable...

I think Slash owners need to realize that it is tough because it is flexible. The sloppiness of the steering assembly, the noodle chassis and bendy plastic and overall light weight all combine to make a very durable rig.

Unless you can determine plastic hardness from looking at pictures I wouldn't write-off the SC10 yet.

It might have been the terrain, but it didnt look too stable in he posted vid....

the only issue i have with the slash is no control off it in the air. if you go off the jump upside down you can't hit the brakes a right it. I've tried. thats why me and my dad both have busted carriers and shock towers

Thats due mainly to the 2wd, and small wheels. I'm sure any rig in this style will be the same way....

the only issue i have with the slash is no control off it in the air. if you go off the jump upside down you can't hit the brakes a right it. I've tried. thats why me and my dad both have busted carriers and shock towers

Thats due mainly to the 2wd, and small wheels. I'm sure any rig in this style will be the same way....

Alpine is correct. 2wd vehicles with smaller wheels aren't as easy to correct in flight. What you see in the video is not a representation of chassis design but a representation of drivers skill and setup.

well i have my issues solved as soon as the rpm parts get here. also it may have been my ramp. it has a 60 degree angle on it. that allows me to get huge air

The Traxxas Slash and AE SC10 really in my opinion shouldn't be compared. Because they fall in the same class doesn't mean they are going to have similar speed and durability, etc... They will each have their pros and cons, just like any Monster Truck, Buggy, or Truggy within it's class. The only thing that matters in the end to me is that it lures more entry level people to the hobby because for the price it's a very cool truck. I've heard how many people have just handed the wheel of a slash to a random stranger, and that person saying they had to have their own as soon as possible. I've never been able to get my fiancee to drive ANY of my radio control vehicles, yet she feels at home behind the wheel of my slash. She was ripping up snow like a pro, and while she couldn't get the thing to go where she wanted half the time she had a blast. She actually text me the day after I bought it while I was at work and asked if she could drive my Slash when we both got home.

Originally, I wanted to hold out for the Associated SC10, and I will probably still purchase one down the road. I believe some people are biased because they already own a Slash and they're afraid their "cool" ride may no longer be the talk of town. It's a trendy thing, just like many other things in life, and people are afraid they might not be able to keep up with the Jones so to speak. Much with the RTR crawlers, they brought people into the crawling aspect of the hobby where as in the past there were kits available but with a price tag that most would not dare to swing for fear of not liking it. Now look how many people we have going crazy with $600+ builds, and loving every second of it. These trucks will do the same for the short course truck class of vehicles. Months ago I though I'd never buy a Slash, because from the pictures and online reviews I thought it looked dumb. It's no nitro, but after seeing one at my LHS in person I realized how cool it would be for loaning to friends, driving in the snow and rain, and general care-free bashing or racing with friends. Chances are you can show up to a track and there will be others there who are looking get a slash class to run.

Any way to keep giving manufacturers incentive to create new products, and maintain parts availability we should all be supportive for. I'm thankful to be a Slash owner, and hopefully down the road if I enjoy the SC trucks, I may purchase the SC10 to add to my collection.

Ahhh well, you can't have everything, so it's 2WD, I still want one :D

Back